EMTB OUTLAWED?

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
I think E bikes are much more accepted in Europe than the US TBH. I have not come across any problems riding anywhere in the UK to date different to riding my non pedal assist MTB.

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
Why not sound out a local politician that is willing to ride an emtb with you and see for themselves what the issues are? They are the people that we elect to get things done after all.

I hope these prejudices towards emtb will die a natural death one day, like snowboarding, then we can all just get on with our lives the way we choose.

skyfree

Aug 31, 2018
Fremont, CA USA
Why not sound out a local politician that is willing to ride an emtb with you and see for themselves what the issues are? They are the people that we elect to get things done after all.

I hope these prejudices towards emtb will die a natural death one day, like snowboarding, then we can all just get on with our lives the way we choose.

It's going to take active trail advocacy, like attending open space board meetings and speaking up for the sport. A year ago I got a warning at Mid Peninsula Open Space and attended the next meeting where I gave a short speech on why they should be allowed. They told me I was one of very, very few eMTB riders that ever showed up to speak. The board members have other priorities and don't see a need to address the concerns of a small non-vocal minority. Every time they make changes, it requires a study which costs $$, so they spend it on higher priority issues first.

I know there is an active group in Orange County that's working on changing the rules there, so hopefully they will be successful, but it's going to take time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles