Dumb of The Day

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
After reading @Beekeeper's surrey hills climb thread I thought it would be good if people captured their power when they attempt it .. so to get things rolling, I thought I'd try to capture a 99kw/km grab from Blevo ..

I didn't even manage that, trying to hang on one handed and pedal up a climb maintaining power, whilst pressing screen capture buttons was more than my talents were capable of ..

power.jpg

To make things worse, my visual senses were distracted and for the second time in 6 months, I picked up a stick in Turbo ...

dumb.jpg

crap. :(

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
They just don't make them like they used to ... :)

View attachment 60972

For sale : XT derailleur, low mileage - one careful muppet owner .. Clutch mechanism works great !

I must be in some kind of dream. Is that an actual bike part for sale? I never knew that was possible anymore. I’d put that in a safe, pronto.

Expensive jewellery has always centred on rare materials in finite supply. Welcome to 2021

5F853654-C247-454B-B4F6-4171CEFEB30E.jpeg

Last edited:

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
Clearly this is sufficient evidence to motivate for a new eMTB

By the way, I ripped off my derailleur two months ago. I was glad that I could replace few modular parts, designed to bend or snap-off rather than having to fix/replace larger sub-assembly, what automotive industry tend to do.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Clearly this is sufficient evidence to motivate for a new eMTB

rather than having to fix/replace larger sub-assembly, what automotive industry tend to do.

Agreed, an automotive company would probably supersede it to a modified DR, hanger and rear chainstay ?

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
Dumb thing of the day?

Spent a full five minutes trying to get my Kona Ebike to power up outside my front door this morning.
The switch flashed green but the display wouldn't come to life.
After a lot of tries l eventually found the problem.

l had forgotten to install the battery in the down tube after charging it off the bike.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
There are plenty around giving long service Barber. Just not so much on FS mtbs (or Emtbs)

Mini si

Dec 31, 2020
Derbyshire
Dumb thing of the day?

Spent a full five minutes trying to get my Kona Ebike to power up outside my front door this morning.
The switch flashed green but the display wouldn't come to life.
After a lot of tries l eventually found the problem.

l had forgotten to install the battery in the down tube after charging it off the bike.
This one’s still making me smile!! (Sounds like something I’d do) ??

• Agree
Reactions: EME

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
We all need Revonte One with belt drive NO MORE DERAILLEURS. Yipeeee......cant wait for the system to be released....2022 is now the teaser date....pass the oxygen someone.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There's a few people on here who seem to have used them reasonably successfully, though not everyone. The problem is you're increasing the weight of the wheel and adding more weight to the rear of the bike so a lot of people don't like how they feel on an MTB.

Mike D.

Sep 19, 2020
Alpujarras
How about this.
I use a "trail wallet" (cloth, chunky, hard wearing) as opposed to a "day wallet" (leather, slim, posh) when riding.
I transfer the debit, "TIE"* and health service* cards and some cash into the trail wallet and stow it in my backpack.
Rode on Thursday. Did nowt on Friday. At the supermarket check-out on Saturday, opened the posh wallet and... no cards. Feck!
Thought - oh well, I just forgot to transfer back at the end of the ride.
Sunday morning (can you tell I generally live without a great sense of urgency?) I turned out the backpack. Double feck!! No wallet.
Must have fallen out when I stopped for my sandwich on Thursday.
Hasty preparation and then an anxious, battery-shagging ride back up to 1980 metres.
Found the lunch stop but - surprise surprise - no wallet.
Managed to work my head around into accepting the situation and formulated a sequenced plan of how to safely replace everything and got home.
Turned out the backpack and sensed that something felt a bit bulkier than it should be and there, securely ensconced in the special deeply-buried zipped mesh pocket provided for keeping things secure like ooh I dunno, wallets, was...

my wallet.

As Homer Simpson was fond of saying: D'OH!

* I live in Spain.

Last edited:

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
l've had a similar thing happen to me, l have to say it's a great feeling when you do find it.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Trying a massive jump line when I wasn't feeling confident on the bike. Although I had vetoed the black run dai hard which ironically then left me feeling like dying for the next 2 hours. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles