East Yorkshire
Just seen this.......

5E182D19-9800-4176-B590-89F158DB5087.png

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
no Fatbike mentioned.
The 140er is sportier and moderner. Hast 29er wheels . Main frame is 2 cm longer (452mm by size 20) head angle flatter at 65.6 degrees. Chainstay is shortened to 457 mm.
All main frames are carbon rear is Aluminium. The 140 TM weighs 24.1 kg with the big battery and big wheels and supergravity tyres it is lighter than the 2019 model

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Looking forward to see what cube will do with the smaller cx motor and 625 powertube. Put those inside a hardtail e.g. Reaction Hybrid EXC and I’ll part with my cash instantly :)

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Looking forward to see what cube will do with the smaller cx motor and 625 powertube. Put those inside a hardtail e.g. Reaction Hybrid EXC and I’ll part with my cash instantly :)
I will let you test the new motor let us know if it is ready and reliable. I would never say i am happy to be on my second motor early, i want to ride a decent HT and a Fat for snow

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
We hired out a couple of Reaction Hybrid Pro 500s the other weekend for our first ever e-bike ride. Quite awesome. It was as if the hills never existed. Would have bought a bike straight away but with the new superior cx Gen 4 coming out I think it’s best to wait a while. The Gen 4 cx looks like a huge leap by Bosch after about 5 years of stagnation with the older unit.

Aug 6, 2019
Greece
Hello does anyone know when the cube aim 2020(non electric...) will be out?
I am looking for a new bike but I am waiting to see what cube has to offer at 23inch size
but I am in a hurry because sales bikes will be gone soon!

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Hello does anyone know when the cube aim 2020(non electric...) will be out?
I am looking for a new bike but I am waiting to see what cube has to offer at 23inch size
but I am in a hurry because sales bikes will be gone soon!
There are millions of used bikes available every week. If you do not find a 2019 2018, 2017 are out there.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I’m seeing huge price reductions (20%) today on various 2019 Cube EMTBs (in a very well known British bike store).
Something must be brewing :)

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Seeing as the new cx motor is half the size, half the weight and has half the number of gears and cogs, will it be half the price as the old one? :unsure:

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I think I read all the new cubes accomodate the new 625 Powertube OR the 500 one.
However to switch between the two needs a bit of a modification, so it can't really be done on the trail. My thought was that is a pain as a 625 wh battery would be great. but if you are planning something really big, buying / carrying a second large battery doesn't work for me.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I think I read all the new cubes accomodate the new 625 Powertube OR the 500 one.
However to switch between the two needs a bit of a modification, so it can't really be done on the trail. My thought was that is a pain as a 625 wh battery would be great. but if you are planning something really big, buying / carrying a second large battery doesn't work for me.

That’s interesting. I wonder also if they are still going to make any bikes with the semi-integrated 500 wh battery or maybe they are completely disappearing.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
entry level specs probably will have the 500wh one (or 400wh depending on the model)

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
The Powertub 625 battery is longer than the 500. I don't know what Cube will be introducing, but I'm pretty sure Bosch is making a "spacer" so the 500 battery can be used in bikes designed for the Powertube 625. Hopefully this spacer fits on top of the battery so the center-of-gravity will be significantly lowered when fitting the Powertube 500.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
The Powertub 625 battery is longer than the 500. I don't know what Cube will be introducing, but I'm pretty sure Bosch is making a "spacer" so the 500 battery can be used in bikes designed for the Powertube 625. Hopefully this spacer fits on top of the battery so the center-of-gravity will be significantly lowered when fitting the Powertube 500.

Yeah I also read about the spacer. I wonder if the entry level bikes give you the option of buying with 500 or 625 or if the 625 is only supplied with the higher end bikes. I’d quite like one of the entry level hardtails but with the 625 powertube

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
This might be an empty box to carry stuff. But the problem is previous bikes are not compatible if i understand so they are screwing their customers.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
From all the videos I’ve seen of the the new Gen 4 cx motor being tested, it seems to me that it sounds much more noisy than the current version. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
My thought on that is that I agree with you.
I think ultimately a totally silent motor would be awesome, however the small amount of noise that the current Bosch motors make is acceptable. I will admit that occasionally I have turned my motor off as I am approaching or overtaking someone so they can't hear that I am using the motor. (who ... me??)

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
My thought on that is that I agree with you.
I think ultimately a totally silent motor would be awesome, however the small amount of noise that the current Bosch motors make is acceptable. I will admit that occasionally I have turned my motor off as I am approaching or overtaking someone so they can't hear that I am using the motor. (who ... me??)

Haha! Good idea. I agree the current cube reaction pro I tried recently was absolutely fine.
We will just have to see what others think when the new Gen 4 is unleashed upon the world

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles