Battery doesn't lock

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
I have a cube stereo 140 Pro with an integrated battery.

When I push the battery all the way up to the lock position it's disengages if i go over a bump and then rattles around inside the tube whilst remaining connected to the battery terminal.

Does anyone else have this problem and is there any way of adjusting the lock mechanism?

Reactions: MsO

gwing

Apr 29, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK.
Aha, my wife's Cube had this problem.

First try leaving the lock in the closed position then insert the battery with a bit of a thump. That may seat the battery better than just pushing it into place and then locking it.

Our bikes have only the partially integrated tray style batteries so the case may be different but with suitable torx bits the mountings on ours can be loosened and adjusted (with some trial and error) until the battery lock is secure. It was a bit fiddly because you had to remove a couple of torx bolts in the catch mechanism, then remove the plastic shroud, then allow adjustment by loosening the other two torx bolts previously hidden by the plastic cover.

Failing that, what worked well until I fixed it was just wrapping a bit of elastic cord around the frame :) Actually, if yours is coming loose but staying functional you are a bit better off - my wife's bike had the power cutting off when it hit a bump and the battery jumped ...

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
Aha, my wife's Cube had this problem.

First try leaving the lock in the closed position then insert the battery with a bit of a thump. That may seat the battery better than just pushing it into place and then locking it.

Our bikes have only the partially integrated tray style batteries so the case may be different but with suitable torx bits the mountings on ours can be loosened and adjusted (with some trial and error) until the battery lock is secure. It was a bit fiddly because you had to remove a couple of torx bolts in the catch mechanism, then remove the plastic shroud, then allow adjustment by loosening the other two torx bolts previously hidden by the plastic cover.

Failing that, what worked well until I fixed it was just wrapping a bit of elastic cord around the frame :) Actually, if yours is coming loose but staying functional you are a bit better off - my wife's bike had the power cutting off when it hit a bump and the battery jumped ...

Yes, that's my solution for now - thumping the battery after I've put it in. Seems to work so far.

Bis

Jan 26, 2019
Croy Suisse
Hi Snoozeboy I had the same problem with my Cube 160 SL 500 S size I found better settings with the locking screws on top of the battery since this setting the battery never move again.

gwing

Apr 29, 2019
Chiltern Hills, UK.
There only seems to be a lock position. When unlocking, the key (and the catch) springs back to the lock position after pressure is released on the key.
Yes. But you can either hold the key open, insert the battery, then close and remove the key or remove key (i.e. you are now in locked position) and then just click the battery into place. If the catch isn't adjusted properly and operation is marginal it's likely that of these methods might work better than the other for you.

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
Thanks to all for replies. I took it back to the shop recently to have the dropper changed and they seemed to have given it an all-round service, fixing the battery catch and also straightening the rear mech. In the meantime, the thump method was working ok for me.

(I think they felt guilty as they shafted me a little on the dropper).

Vaso1975

Feb 20, 2019
Dravograd-slovenia
I have a cube stereo 140 Pro with an integrated battery.

When I push the battery all the way up to the lock position it's disengages if i go over a bump and then rattles around inside the tube whilst remaining connected to the battery terminal.

Does anyone else have this problem and is there any way of adjusting the lock mechanism?
I have same problem

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
Fix - mine suddenly stopped engaging properly today. If you have problems check your brake/gear/motor cables in the battery compartment are not fouling the battery's travel when you push it closed. Same goes for the bolts that lock the bottle holder - check they're not too long.

In my case the cables in the battery compartment had become dislodged and were not allowing the battery to be pushed far enough into place.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles