STUnlocker Android App for Shimano motors is available

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
Hi newbie, with my first e bike.
Does this work with the steps e6000, as the pdf only has the e6100 and higher.

Also all I want to do is change the country setting to USA as that gives additional Assisi require.
My question is how likely is that likely to cause warranty issues as the bike is barely a month old.
thanks
E6000 is not supported

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
Can anyone explain to an IT dummy how to downgrade the firmware to 4.3.2, do you need pc software?
Thanks

No PC software/PC link needed unless you brick your E-bike.
You just need the mobile app and firmware.

In a nutshell:
- You need the E-Tube app from Shimano on your mobile device (go to app store to download)
- You need to get the 4.3.2 firmware files (find these on your own)
- Put 4.3.2 firmware files into your mobile device
- Connect to E-Bike and let E-Tube install the downgraded firmware
- Restart E-Bike, and done.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
No PC software/PC link needed unless you brick your E-bike.
You just need the mobile app and firmware.

In a nutshell:
- You need the E-Tube app from Shimano on your mobile device (go to app store to download)
- You need to get the 4.3.2 firmware files (find these on your own)
- Put 4.3.2 firmware files into your mobile device
- Connect to E-Bike and let E-Tube install the downgraded firmware
- Restart E-Bike, and done.

What, but I want someone to do it for me! ;)

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
What, but I want someone to do it for me! ;)

Hahah Here - let me hold your hand buddy :LOL:

Note: If you're e-Bike is already on 4.7.1, I know that downgrading to 4.6.1 first and then downgrading to 4.3.2 works (I've done it many times). I remember awhile back someone claimed to have bricked their E-Bike trying to downgrade from 4.7.1 straight to 4.3.2, but who knows - I haven't tried going straight from 4.7.1 to 4.3.2 myself.

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
You make it sound so simple :p

It is, if you have everything in place. IMO the most important part is keeping the Bluetooth connection between your mobile device and the E-Bike stable so that the firmware transfers over reliably... this means taking precautions while doing a firmware upgrade/downgrade such as:

- temporarily turn off any auto-sleep;
- be clear of any possible sources of interference;
- disable bluetooth on any other device nearby;

PM me later.

Weak

Feb 26, 2020
Sweden
VadII. Thinking of buying the stunlock license... But i have some questions, to see if i get it right.

I got e8000 motor and a e7000 display
And version is the newest 4.7.1

Is it correct i can not downgrade to 4.3.2 with e7000 display on my bike?

If thats correct. Is my only way to get bike to run over 32km/h to change wheelsize which menas odo and speedometer wont be correct?

Thanks!

Weak

Feb 26, 2020
Sweden
Thanks for a fast replay, seems i understood something right then, kinda new to this.

May i ask if your working on fixing so that 4.7.1 will work as the 4.3.2 with max speed/mode?

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
May i ask if your working on fixing so that 4.7.1 will work as the 4.3.2 with max speed/mode?
4.7.1 does not have this functionality. It's not possible to fix it.

+
It's only the one way, in theory, to create a custom FW, but I think no one wants to use custom FWs on their motors because of warranty issues.

Last edited:

maako

Feb 26, 2020
Australia
Hello good people of EMTB.

I recently got an electric city bike (Merida eSpresso City 300 EQ Electric Hybrid 2020) and immediately got STunlocker (I'm not a warranty-keeping-kind-of-guy) and it's great!
Having a bike that cuts out in a crossing is right out dangerous!

Screenshot_20200229-081832.png

The bike shop claimed it was updated to the latest firmware, but I guess they don't know what's what (they also claimed it had no Bluetooth).
So, I'm on an older FW, which explains why I could derestrict most settings.

To my questions; I can't increase the torque levels more than 40 Nm and boost resets to 191% every time I turn of the power.
Is that expected or do I need to up/downgrade to a more derestrict-friendly FW?

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Hello good people of EMTB.

I recently got an electric city bike (Merida eSpresso City 300 EQ Electric Hybrid 2020) and immediately got STunlocker (I'm not a warranty-keeping-kind-of-guy) and it's great!
Having a bike that cuts out in a crossing is right out dangerous!

View attachment 26814

The bike shop claimed it was updated to the latest firmware, but I guess they don't know what's what (they also claimed it had no Bluetooth).
So, I'm on an older FW, which explains why I could derestrict most settings.

To my questions; I can't increase the torque levels more than 40 Nm and boost resets to 191% every time I turn of the power.

That's the Max torque for that motor, you may be able to remove the max motor assist cut out speed but you'll never be able to get more than 40nm of torque

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA

1. Your e-bike has a Shimano E500 drive unit, which is rated at 40Nm maximum. The app won't magically add more torque, it just manipulates the power curves and limits.

2. FYI the app isn't "officially" compatible with both the drive unit you have and the firmware you have, so you're on your own there in terms of upgrading/downgrading firmware.

Reactions: iXi

Feb 27, 2020
home
Any link or pm to Fw 4.3.2 .zip file please ?
Changed my dead phone ans Lost this .zip

http://www.emax-tuning.com/Shimano-Firmware-Downgrade-English-Version_2_0.pdf
Read the pdf and follow the links. They renamed 4.3.2 to 5.8.8 .

I have not tried this but maybe the same 'rename' trick as described in the pdf could work using the E-Tube app, thus downgrade via Bluetooth. All firmwares are located on your phone in /internal/Android/data/com.shimano.etubeprojectmobile.droid.phone/files/FW/
If you have used the E-Tube app over a longer period the 4.3.2 firmware may still be in there. This applies also to the Windows version of E-Tube (see bat files in zip file mentioned in the pdf).

Screenshot_20200313-144140.png

Last edited:

raine

E*POWAH Master
May 9, 2019
SoCal, USA
It's the same trick.

I've been PM'd by many people asking if I would just give them a copy of the 4.3.2 firmware, but none of them sound like they know what they're doing and all of them wanted some sort of guarantee it will work on their bike... so why bother? LOL

vadII

E*POWAH Master
Feb 19, 2019
Earth
New version 1.8 is available for Android.
- Changing mount angle of a motor is added
- Gear settings now supports new 12-speed cassete

AlexRus

Mar 30, 2019
Russia
Supposedly someone changed the number and made their walk mode faster... but they didn't really explain why, just some vague "I did this and it worked!" comment.
I tested this setting on two bikes, unfortunately this does not help make the walk-mode better :cry:

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
can you adjust the crappy walk mode speed?
I saw a tip that suggested change to a harder gear and it will go up to max walk speed - should make sense as I suspect most of us get off and walk in quite an easy gear. Will test this pm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles