8.5kg ebike !

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Well their marketing message is likely true:

“Motor, battery and electronics are compact, lightweight and perfectly integrated into the frame: you don’t see these parts and most of all you don’t feel them when riding,” says HPS.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I saw this the other day and quite liked the idea.
it's a roadbike remember.
it's not difficult for even an old twat like me to sit at 20mph in a bunch on the flat for hours on end but there's no way i'd keep up with a fast bunch on climbs anymore so that's the only place the motor would actually be needed.
and remember. it has the option of a larger battery that keeps it in the realms of a normal (winter) roadbike weight.
The motor can add 250w at peak. That's shit loads if you're already reasonably fit and not running 2.6" wide MAXXGRIP pussy rubber ;)

The price is ridiculous though

Last edited:

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I saw this the other day and quite liked the idea.
it's a roadbike remember.
it's not difficult for even an old twa like me to sit at 20mph in a bunch on the flat for hours on end but there's no way i'd keep up with a fast bunch on climbs anymore so that's the only place the motor would actually be needed.
and remember. it has the option of a larger battery that keeps it in the realms of a normal (winter) roadbike weight.

The price is ridiculous though
I have to admit im not a road biker at all so merely looking at the stats. But cant help that the measly torque and tiny battery make the whole thing pointless...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I used to ride/train with a few cat 1 roadies.
i couldn't do that now.
add 250w peak on climbs and I could again. Fairly easily

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
to be truely useful to a wide range of riders and usable in a mixed environment alongside normal bikes an E bike like this would need customisable assistance modes and preferably not be limited to 15mph. (this highlights just how stupid current UK Ebike legislation actually is)
eg. you might want a really low eco if riding in a bunch a fairly powerful mid for longer climbs and a punchy boost for short standing efforts (climbs and accelerations) and IMO a more natural delivery similar to Shimano's trail mode in both the higher modes.
Whereas for a solo ride you might want a little more in eco or possibly a really intuitive trail type mode which can be toned right down
Plus because we're talking roadbikes I'd also be great if the user were able to tune the motor's assistance curve to suit their preferred cadence.

I'd have a road E if it had all of the above. But certainly not at £12k. you can buy a normal carbon roadbike for that ;)

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
to be truely useful to a wide range of riders and usable in a mixed environment alongside normal bikes an E bike like this would need customisable assistance modes and preferably not be limited to 15mph. (this highlights just how stupid current UK Ebike legislation actually is)
eg. you might want a really low eco if riding in a bunch a fairly powerful mid for longer climbs and a punchy boost for short standing efforts (climbs and accelerations) and IMO a more natural delivery similar to Shimano's trail mode in both the higher modes.
Whereas for a solo ride you might want a little more in eco or possibly a really intuitive trail type mode which can be toned right down
Plus because we're talking roadbikes I'd also be great if the user were able to tune the motor's assistance curve to suit their preferred cadence.

I'd have a road E if it had all of the above. But certainly not at £12k. you can buy a normal carbon roadbike for that ;)

How about this? Or is it too heavy at 13kg? 10kg without the motor/battery. Fully customisable in software. No drag. Quiet.

NYTRO | Pinarello

Does what you want except for the EU limit thing. My Cairn 01 gravel ebike has basically replaced my road bike. Once you're above 25kmh it's surprisingly easy to keep it there and when gravity cuts in, so does the motor.

Gordon

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
13kg is kinda heavy but totally understandable
I actually recommended the older 2019 NYTRO to a retiree I know when Merlin were selling them off cheap but he hummed and hawed too long over it. I obviously secretly wanted to try it myself. I've never ridden a fazua and didn't realise the software was fully customisable.
Cheers.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Bawbag
noun - (Scottish) very informal

Derogitary name given to one who is annoying, useless or just plain stupid. To compare one with such an ugly part of the male anatomy should be insult enough...

ThierryGTLTS

Feb 17, 2020
Belgium
This is an improvment of the well known:

Probably better integration and better freewheel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles