Levo Gen 2 2021 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Mafmajor

Aug 1, 2020
Vacaville, CA
Congrats on the order! I placed an order for an XL in the Spruce color and they said early September. I’m hoping it’s way before then though.

Reap3r

Jul 6, 2020
Pennsylvania
Congrats on the order! I placed an order for an XL in the Spruce color and they said early September. I’m hoping it’s way before then though.

What is your height weight if you don’t mind. I don’t have a don’t have a bike now to have a preference so I ordered a size large based off of the specialized calculator but I later read that they “run small” so now I’m thinking I got the wrong size? I’m 91kg (200lb), 180cm (almost 6ft)

Mafmajor

Aug 1, 2020
Vacaville, CA
What is your height weight if you don’t mind. I don’t have a don’t have a bike now to have a preference so I ordered a size large based off of the specialized calculator but I later read that they “run small” so now I’m thinking I got the wrong size? I’m 91kg (200lb), 180cm (almost 6ft)

They do run pretty small imo. The reach on my large Transition Sentinel is just a hair shorter than the XL. I’m 6ft1 and 195 pounds. The large Levo seemed a bit cramped for me compared to my other bike but I rode it just fine. I also have really long arms and legs.

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Your pretty much my exact size. I've had a 2019 model for 6 months. In large . I wouldn't want bigger. I was thinking about an medium at one stage. Glad I got a L .

ohm13

Jun 10, 2018
Seattle
Picked mine up july 15th. I'm in Seattle area. Have had a 2018 Levo comp since spring of '18. put 2500+ miles on it, still going strong on original motor. Hope to get similar run with this new one. Already put 150 miles on it! Swapped bars for Chromag OSX 800mm and Race Face Atlas 30mm (just my preference) Chromag grips and seat. First bike with 29 so that's been interesting, no complaints on that front but did manage to cook my rotors after a couple extended steep downhills. buffed out rotors and swapped organic pads for metallic, so far it's good. Also FYI you will likely need a couple new tools to remove the rotors if you've never owned centerlock hubs. The rear lock ring has the motor sensor integrated into it (nicely done I might add) and it requires a deep cassette removal tool, mine is too shallow. The front uses a 16 point spanner type wrench also used for certain bottom brackets I think. Hubs are SLX which are cup/cone style, something Shimano has stuck with since the beginning. Was told by mechanic friend, check and adjust as needed very 6 months and they should be good. They've got to be better than the cheap ones Spesh specced on the '18 (rear especially). I've always preferred Shimano brakes but my other Levo had Sram and never had this problem with them. Hopefully its sorted. Motor seems a bit noisier (especially when I stop pedaling) but will see if that changes with use. Still quieter than my friends Trek Rail (Bosch motor). Overall loving this bike. Bigger battery, better integration, nice component spec, even the tires seem decent; 2.5 Butcher in front 2.3 Eliminator in back both Grid casing. Similar tread/width to the Maxxis tires I used on the '18. Converted to tubeless, will see how they hold up. Cheers!

20200730_130549.jpg

Reap3r

Jul 6, 2020
Pennsylvania
Picked mine up july 15th. I'm in Seattle area.

Lucky early pickup! I’m hoping to hear back sooner than my quoted end of August. Nice review compared to the 18. I’m thinking of upgrading the bars, but not having a bike now, how do I know what to upgrade to? Doesn’t seem easy to “try out” different bars.

Your pretty much my exact size. I've had a 2019 model for 6 months. In large . I wouldn't want bigger. I was thinking about an medium at one stage. Glad I got a L .

That’s awesome to hear, thanks for the reassurances!

Mousepad90

Jul 8, 2020
Los Angeles
This 2021 Levo Comp is a beast! My first e-bike and could not be happier with it.

I originally wanted to buy the base model, but a friend suggested I buy a "level up" to be satisfied with what I buy for a long time. I am getting my RockyMountain bike rack installed this week and can't wait to explore more of Southern California with it!

Any other Levo owners in Los Angeles, what are your favorite tracks in the area?

IMG_3270.JPG
pic2.jpeg

ohm13

Jun 10, 2018
Seattle
Lucky early pickup! I’m hoping to hear back sooner than my quoted end of August. Nice review compared to the 18. I’m thinking of upgrading the bars, but not having a bike now, how do I know what to upgrade to? Doesn’t seem easy to “try out” different bars.

I've been mt biking since the early 90's so I'm pretty picky about certain things. Bars are def. a personal thing and yes, hard to try different ones. I like them wide and with a certain shape. Chromag fits the bill plus they have great colors/graphics IMHO....
also size wise I'm 5'11" and have ridden various Spesh bikes over the years (SX Trail, Enduro, Stumpjumper) all Medium, always felt perfect for me.....

That’s awesome to hear, thanks for the reassurances!

kawamaha

Apr 1, 2020
Monaco
anyone got the 2021 base model or has some info about the 35 silver TK fork?
on the sram site I found:
"Plush coil spring or highly tunable Solo Air spring"

please someone tell me it doesn't come with coil forks :eek:

Reap3r

Jul 6, 2020
Pennsylvania
anyone got the 2021 base model or has some info about the 35 silver TK fork?
on the sram site I found:
"Plush coil spring or highly tunable Solo Air spring"

please someone tell me it doesn't come with coil forks :eek:
I thought I had read that anything other than the comp was getting the same spec as 2020, so you may consider looking into that info.

Jsmithjr732

Aug 3, 2020
San Diego
Picked up my Levo Comp in Oak Green July 17th. LBS in San Diego CA had two of each size. Looks great in person!

I have 230 miles on it so far and it absolutely rocks. Love it!

As for the motor, I have a Dec 2019 build (grrr), so I have a question into Specialized for all of us who have a pre March 2020 build.

803C5ABA-0B74-4DCB-A10C-31F964C6501F.jpeg
63BF3E80-A938-463E-A865-488CB0F32F52.jpeg
18634964-DA65-4396-9D72-8FB81CCA6DFC.jpeg
1743174D-EA10-496E-8C23-2A995E8A99EF.jpeg
3CBABE91-FE37-4773-8612-4DFD2E80A737.jpeg
E6963D60-4F91-48D2-8576-18451308E09D.jpeg

Mousepad90

Jul 8, 2020
Los Angeles
Picked up my Levo Comp in Oak Green July 17th. LBS in San Diego CA had two of each size. Looks great in person!

I have 230 miles on it so far and it absolutely rocks. Love it!

As for the motor, I have a Dec 2019 build (grrr), so I have a question into Specialized for all of us who have a pre March 2020 build.

View attachment 37307 View attachment 37308 View attachment 37309 View attachment 37310 View attachment 37311 View attachment 37312

how can you tell which motor build do you have?

Jsmithjr732

Aug 3, 2020
San Diego
how can you tell which motor build do you have?
Go into the Mission Control app and look at the motor serial number. It’ll have the date embedded in it. If I recall, look for the number 100 and the date will be right after. For example, 100191217 is a December 17, 2019 build.

More knowledgeable folks, please correct me if I’m inaccurate.

DreamensioN

Aug 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Just got my 2021 Levo Comp. My first eBike. Prior to this I did mostly road cycling and the occasional trail ride. I wanted to start doing more off-road trails and events. Test rode a Levo and Levo SL at my LBS, and I was like "Shut up and take my money!". The good thing is I didn't even have to order one. The very next week they had an XL sized Turbo Levo Comp in the amazing Redwood colour. I came in and picked it up. I've literally owned it just 2 days (from the date of this post), and did my first actual real ride with it yesterday. I LOVE IT!

20200809_111616.jpg

20200809_153949.jpg
20200809_111828.jpg

Last edited:

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
I ordered the exact same one (size L) last week. Sadly I will have to wait until half December for it to get delivered...(Belgium)
A black/flo red was going to be available a month earlier...

DreamensioN

Aug 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
The colour is simply amazing in the sunlight with the metallic sparkle. I've updated my original post with another image to show it. I really got the luck of the draw with the bike being in stock. Here in Australia it has been the same as elsewhere I imagine - with the pandemic lockdown, everyone started buying bicycles as a thing to do.

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
The colour is simply amazing in the sunlight with the metallic sparkle. I've updated my original post with another image to show it. I really got the luck of the draw with the bike being in stock. Here in Australia it has been the same as elsewhere I imagine - with the pandemic lockdown, everyone started buying bicycles as a thing to do.
I noticed the sparkle in the newly posted picture. That looks great. Wasn’t aware of the metallic effect. Thanks for informing (y)

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
Quick question for the guys who are so lucky to already have their 2021: is the rear brake disc indeed a
""" 180mm """ according to the spec sheet ?
If so, I wonder why they went smaller (used to be 200mm iirc).

Bmwgsboy

Aug 26, 2019
USA
I noticed there wasn't a 2021 owners thread, so here we go! I ordered a 2021 Levo Comp, Large, in redwood color on July 16th and I was told late Aug for delivery in US. I'm counting the days, and after the recent news/firmware update, I'm feeling confident that the motor issues are a thing of the past. I'm selfishly very happy that my levo motor will have zero miles on it without these physical AND firmware changes. The letter from Mike even gave me the impression that the "MY21" motors may even be different than the January 2020 revisions. So much for "2.1" they really should have just gone to a "2.2" at this point. I hope they continue with the firmware updates and have a renewed effort to make things even better from here (software-wise, *cough* emtb mode)!

Edit: Rob’s video showing 2021 models.

Congrats on your purchase,I’m waiting for my turbo expert. Hopefully soon.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Quick question for the guys who are so lucky to already have their 2021: is the rear brake disc indeed a
""" 180mm """ according to the spec sheet ?
If so, I wonder why they went smaller (used to be 200mm iirc).
It has 180mm post mounts, but uses an adapter to use a 203mm rotor if you ran 180 rotors you wouldn’t need an adapter

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles