2021 E-Sommet Now In Stock

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
New model now available for purchase, quoting 7-10 day delivery - expect it to sell out very shortly through!

Last edited:

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Still prefer my 2019 esommet & it’s only the E7000 motor but everything else on bike has been changed & is a mullet ?

GANI

May 16, 2020
Northern Ireland
I wonder what the sizing is like. Since Aug I having being to get a Whyte and Levo locally with no joy at all now. CRC have a few of these coming into the Belfast store, which I might head up and get a look at it. I am 5' 10" and I thinking the medium might do but not sure of vitus sizing as I have never rode one before.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
Due to stock/demand levels and the way CRC 'cycle to work' works (needs a quote first) I knew it would be impossible to get hold of these when they came out. Shame banging bike glad I have a Marin e2 on pre-order or I would have been ?

Next interesting bikes will be the YT and the Canyon offerings

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Due to stock/demand levels and the way CRC 'cycle to work' works (needs a quote first) I knew it would be impossible to get hold of these when they came out. Shame banging bike glad I have a Marin e2 on pre-order or I would have been ?

Next interesting bikes will be the YT and the Canyon offerings
Marin would be my choice out of the bikes related to date, so I wouldnt feel you have missed out!

Randy

Apr 23, 2020
Henley on Thames
Still waiting in vein for somebody to release a 21 ep8 bike with the 8010 pack. The idea of stopping half way through my ride and removing a load of muddy Allen keys just doesn't appeal, nor does the weight penalty.

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
New e Sommets were sent out today :) ..seems they are using ArrowXL instead of Tuffnells for delivery.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire ??

Last edited:

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
I wonder what the sizing is like. Since Aug I having being to get a Whyte and Levo locally with no joy at all now. CRC have a few of these coming into the Belfast store, which I might head up and get a look at it. I am 5' 10" and I thinking the medium might do but not sure of vitus sizing as I have never rode one before.

I've got a 2020 whyte e150 and also a 2021 sommet (Not an e sommet), both in medium. Same height as you. The reach on the sommet is a little bit shorter and the handle bars feel lower down. Other than that they feel very similar in size. Hth

GANI

May 16, 2020
Northern Ireland
I've got a 2020 whyte e150 and also a 2021 sommet (Not an e sommet), both in medium. Same height as you. The reach on the sommet is a little bit shorter and the handle bars feel lower down. Other than that they feel very similar in size. Hth

Ended up getting a hold of a e160 rs today in medium. Seems to fit ok so far!

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Was expecting delivery of the new e-sommet vrx today.

Just found out after chasing the courrier that the package was received damaged and returned to CRC.

Fecking pissed off :(

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Was expecting delivery of the new e-sommet vrx today.

Just found out after chasing the courrier that the package was received damaged and returned to CRC.

Fecking pissed off :(
Mine turned up today and you guessed it, the box was ripped to bits.Some attempt to fix part of it was by loads of sellotape and the rest was just left open. However, the contents were actually ok.

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Mine turned up today and you guessed it, the box was ripped to bits.Some attempt to fix part of it was by loads of sellotape and the rest was just left open. However, the contents were actually ok.
You can imagine how bad mine must have been then, or maybe they just ran out of tape. Fecking chancers :)

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Just incase you were wanting to know, in the medium , you can slam the 150mm dropper right down into the seat tube. You need to pull the cable from the other end to feed it through.I have heard reports that the Vitus are large made, but my medium seems around the same size as the Haibike and the Merida that i have.

Chaser

Dec 22, 2020
The North (UK)
If it's in poor state on arrival, what's the chances of Wiggle or CRC sorting it out? Sounds like the still haven't got a handle on their box quality. For a £4500 purchase that's very poor.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
If it's in poor state on arrival, what's the chances of Wiggle or CRC sorting it out? Sounds like the still haven't got a handle on their box quality. For a £4500 purchase that's very poor.
To be fair the bike inside was pretty well protected and i cant see any damage so far.

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Just incase you were wanting to know, in the medium , you can slam the 150mm dropper right down into the seat tube. You need to pull the cable from the other end to feed it through.I have heard reports that the Vitus are large made, but my medium seems around the same size as the Haibike and the Merida that i have.

Thanks man, mine was a Large with the 170 dropper. I have the old 18' VR also Large but it has a 150 dropper and it was good. Anyway, post up some pics of your bike, I'm sure plenty of people will want to see some "real" images. The images on the CRC site were nearly as poor as their shipping boxes. :)

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Stock bike so far. Its not white, but a very light grey.
20210205_134528.jpg

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Thanks for posting the pic. I heard that the new analogue sommets have paint film protection on from the factory, any protection on the e-sommet?

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Thanks for posting the pic. I heard that the new analogue sommets have paint film protection on from the factory, any protection on the e-sommet?
None on this bike, although i have been in contact with invisiframe and they have a large kit in stock and said that a a few people have contacted them re a medium. Hoping someone will take a bike in to them to be measured soon, if not do what i did the last time and buy a large and cut it down.

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
Did you get any more info about this yet?
Not really, the courier told me that as soon as it reached their hub depot it was identified as damaged and sent back. CRC asked me to give them some time to receive the bike back before commenting..I'll post up when i hear something, kind of losing interest, spoiled my day completely :)

Last edited:

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Any real world weights would be good. Weighed my 2018 XL last night, 23kg dead with proper tyres and Mallet DH pedals so around 22.5 without. Only the 504wh battery though

Chaser

Dec 22, 2020
The North (UK)
I tried to buy one yesterday. One medium VRS came up in stock on CRC, by the time I got through to the checkout, it had disappeared. I suspect the time in getting my CC details on there, it dropped out of my basket into someone elses.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
I tried to buy one yesterday. One medium VRS came up in stock on CRC, by the time I got through to the checkout, it had disappeared. I suspect the time in getting my CC details on there, it dropped out of my basket into someone elses.
My friend has also been trying to get one and has a stock alert set up, i told him to do all the thinking now, before one comes up and not to hesitate when it come in.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Some interesting points raised in the MBR video below - would be good to get new owners views. One of the things I love about my OG E-Sommett is how easy it is to remove/swap out the battery - it also seems a bit of an oversight to have not allowed for alternative cable routing outside of the headtube.

Having said that one of the issues that often came up with owners of the original bike was how often there wasn't much attention to detail paid to the bike when they where put together - dropper post cabling was one of those issues, where often too much outer was used and then curled up around the shock, making the dropper action pretty bad until you sorted it.

I wonder if the issue they had on the test bike is related to this as much as the tight routing, though on the face of it putting that tight a radius onto the cables there doesn't seem the best of ideas. No doubt an AXS upgrade will make its way onto many owners bikes!

E-Sommet is from 12 mins in.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles