2020 trance +3 Smart controller... switched on itself and all leds stayed on and cant turn off.

martye

Jun 18, 2020
Durham uk
after a ride I washed bike as per usual and put it away. when I returned some 2 hours later to charge it i found the Smart Controller was on and all the LEDs were on too. only way I could turn it off was to remove battery. there was o little water insde so I dried it off and waited till morning. again when I but battery in the controller did the same...any thoughts

oktc9712

Apr 20, 2020
Canada
Cured mine by removing the motor and cleaning all the plugs. Found one of the red small plugs was missing the seal inside it. They use a crappy plug.

Mickmick

Apr 5, 2019
Kent
I think this a problem I had a while ago.
a new controller has permanently fixed it I hope??but I cured it myself at the time with a hairdryer on the motor. Worth a try

Kiwi Giant

Subscriber
Feb 11, 2020
New Zealand
I had the same problem on my 2020 Fathom E+ 3 after a wash down following a very muddy ride I think I had some moisture in the lower battery compartment area, possibly the connectors under this area. I placed a fan heater aimed at the battery compartment & motor area (not to close) and left it there for 4 hours. Since then no further problems.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles