2020 Specialized levo/kenevo rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dpca10

Dec 20, 2018
USA
Zoomed in, levo and Kenevo look like the old models. Probably too easy for spec to swap out a photo later than let anything leak this way now.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Around this time last year stuff started leaking out about the new levo. I heard Specialized was planning on holding a dealer event at Northstar bike park mid June but haven’t heard if anything came of it. The bike park had a heavy snow year and was slow getting up and running, so that might have impacted it. I also heard whispers of a ultra light weight, low torque, small battery model they were working on, but that may just be a concept project at this point, I hope not. I think the time is right for spec to loosen the lips considering there are a ton of new bikes being announced and they have been a bit out of the spotlight.
If they do an event at a resort it would be a media event not a dealer event. The dealer event (now known as retailer summit) is in September in Morgan Hill.
2020 Levos will see color and spec changes and some slight refinements. This is conjecture based on being a Specialized retailer for 20 years.
There should be a new Enduro/Kenevo seeing as the current generation Enduro is at the end of the usual 3 year product cycle. Since the current Stumpjumper and Levo were developed together it would stand to reason that it’s probably the same for the next generation Enduro/Kenevo.
Again this is all conjecture.
No I haven’t been shown any of the new bikes, I used to be privy to upcoming products since I did work at Specialized in 2009 and 2010, I have more than a few friends still currently working there.
But I could never keep my mouth shut

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I’m extremely close to pulling the trigger on a ‘19 comp. Would that be a big mistake?
I hardly recommend the 2019 Comp, really! I had the 2016 Expert, the 2017 Expert and the 2018 Expert Carbon, but the 2019 Comp in Acid Kiwi is BY FAR the best E-MTB i ever rode. It works so well and has super balanced handling. Go and get one!!

j

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
I’m extremely close to pulling the trigger on a ‘19 comp. Would that be a big mistake?

A mistake no but there will be new bikes and deals every where in the next month. I would book test rides and bikes every weekend for the next month even if you need to rent them you will still be in front cash wise if you take a 19. But having tried different bikes and components you will be doubt free when you make the call.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I´m pretty excited on upgrades for the LEVO. Gear shifting should be optimized indeed.

j.

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
A mistake no but there will be new bikes and deals every where in the next month. I would book test rides and bikes every weekend for the next month even if you need to rent them you will still be in front cash wise if you take a 19. But having tried different bikes and components you will be doubt free when you make the call.

Thanks, this is good advice. I'll book a test ride of the Levo at BikeScene and ring around to see what other bikes are available in the area.

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Any news? Can't wait to order a YT, a 19 Levo, or a 20 Levo! Perhaps there will be great deal with "old" 2019 models!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Here is the new Enduro! Maybe the Kenevo will be similar to this one.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzwxGmkn...=148m6aiq17dih

j.

Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 08.25.39.png

Screenshot 2019-07-11 at 08.26.13.png

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
I've done a similar thread about the 2020 models. I will delete it and post here instead of duplicate thread.

As I already said in the other thread: For the 2020 Levo/Kenovo, I was discussing with a quite big dealer in France, and when I said what I was looking for, he told me it would be wise to wait just another week. Then he says: « Monday... perhaps Tuesday ». I said « why? » and he replied to me it would be dumb to buy now à Levo cause some interesting thing are coming. So I hope he was not making fun of me.

This morning I had some new "news":

-1 model will disappear in the Levo models. Probably one "stuck" between the 2 high end (Expert and S-Works) and the low-end (If we can speak about "low"). So, everything will be simplified.

-Price will increase on one high-end product. don't know which one but I bet on the Expert.

-Motor will probably be the same, no upgrade, or not a major upgrade. Specialized tune the Brose motor himself, and he did a pretty good job last year, so, it won't change right now.

-Battery capacity will increase... but only on specific model, like the aluminium one.

Please note that's only rumors. Perhaps the guy I was talking was making fun of me, but I didn't have to push a lot to have all this information. Everything started when I asked if it was the right time to buy or if it's better to wait. nothing more. Hope he's right.

EDIT: No news for the Kenovo. Too heavy, and with an old motor conception. I hope he's wrong.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
Sounds pretty exciting, as for me the Alu Comp model is well to ride so i don´t need the Carbon version. An "Alu Comp Upgrade" with more battery capacity and some other better features would be awesome.

j.

Dpca10

Dec 20, 2018
USA
I can’t imagine how they could make that enduro frame house a motor with those low links and space taken up with the shock, but I hope they do!

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
Sounds pretty exciting, as for me the Alu Comp model is well to ride so i don´t need the Carbon version. An "Alu Comp Upgrade" with more battery capacity and some other better features would be awesome.

j.

Source said all model, more expensive but with 700wh battery. Don't know if it's true. Released would be this autumn. So we can expect some news quickly, perhaps next week.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Source said all model, more expensive but with 700wh battery. Don't know if it's true. Released would be this autumn. So we can expect some news quickly, perhaps next week.
Well if they stay the same but have a 700W battery, I will keep my Decoy on order.

What changes would you like to see?

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
What changes would you like to see?
Well if you look at the improvements that were made from a 2018 Turbo Levo to a 2019 Turbo levo would be great if there is that much room for improvement on the 2019 Turbo Kenevo to the 2020 Turbo Kenevo. Maybe a carbon frame but it is after all a long travel bike.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Well if you look at the improvements that were made from a 2018 Turbo Levo to a 2019 Turbo levo would be great if there is that much room for improvement on the 2019 Turbo Kenevo to the 2020 Turbo Kenevo. Maybe a carbon frame but it is after all a long travel bike.
700Wh battery means a new frame, so I would expect similar improvements to the Levo and carbon could be on the menu.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see dual crown forks.

I'd also expect a big hike in price unfortunately. :(

• Agree
Reactions: Dax

Mydriaze

Jul 7, 2019
France
700Wh battery means a new frame, so I would expect similar improvements to the Levo and carbon could be on the menu.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see dual crown forks.

I'd also expect a big hike in price unfortunately. :(
Why do you say bigger battery = bigger frame? Expert and sworks models have 700 wh battery, instead of 504wh the normal models have. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles