2019 levo shock size

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I've not had enough time to judge it. It was just the fact the X2 would have been less than half price and it's supposed to be an awesome shock, plus then I'd have gold on bouncy bit

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Would you still go for it if I said the fox x2 is roughly half that price?

Good question. I've run both the Fox X2 and Ohlins TTX Coil and my preference is the Ohlins TTX Coil. Mainly because I prefer coil suspension. I do think the X2 is the best air shock though. You found one to fit our bikes?

If you are 200lbs + I would go for the Ohlins TTX Coil 100%. I see heavier riders maxing out the X2 psi often.

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
Good question. I've run both the Fox X2 and Ohlins TTX Coil and my preference is the Ohlins TTX Coil. Mainly because I prefer coil suspension. I do think the X2 is the best air shock though. You found one to fit our bikes?

If you are 200lbs + I would go for the Ohlins TTX Coil 100%. I see heavier riders maxing out the X2 psi often.

Can you send me links on exactly what to get for the Öhlins Coil? Im interested in trying this coil out. I seem to have to ride with really high pressure on this RockShox Deluxe.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Cane Creek DB Coil in-line is another option and they do a 210mm eye to eye version. £330.00

The only reason I didn’t buy one of these is because I had the Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil already in stock.

Follow the link below to plush rear suspension at an affordable price ?

DBcoil IL

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
Cane Creek DB Coil in-line is another option and they do a 210mm eye to eye version. £330.00

The only reason I didn’t buy one of these is because I had the Cane Creek Double Barrel Coil already in stock.

DBcoil IL

I like that, which option do I get? Ship to USA too? Ill give this a try....straight bolt on yeah? No need for Bushing Kit or anything?

GeorgesEBike

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jul 30, 2018
Verdi, NV
Can you send me links on exactly what to get for the Öhlins Coil? Im interested in trying this coil out. I seem to have to ride with really high pressure on this RockShox Deluxe.
Your local Specialized Dealer or Ohlins USA direct will sell you the shock and spring. The Cane Creek Coil is a good deal and worth looking at if budget is a concern. Just stay away from the Ohlins and Cane Creek Air Shocks.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I like that, which option do I get? Ship to USA too? Ill give this a try....straight bolt on yeah? No need for Bushing Kit or anything?
You will need to check with them via email or phone to make sure they fit the correct size bush kit for your bike model and year. They will ask for your weight and riding style so they can tune the shock for you so it will be a simple ‘fit and ride’ process for you (y)

TorAtle

Aug 4, 2018
OSLO
Google "Monotube vs twin tube" and you get "Monotube shocks offer better damping than twin-tubeshocks...". Why would I want a twin-tube shock? I remember buying Ohlins dampers for my car and they made a point of them being monotubes.

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
Ended up going Cane Creek.

After consulting with them, here's what I decided on:

DBcoil CS 210 x 52.5
VALT 2.25in x 650 Coil
Hardware - 20mm x 6mm for Top
Reuse Flip Chip for Bottom (according to Specialized)

Waiting for it to arrive and will post up when completed. Sorry for somewhat hijacking, but hopefully the thread was useful to gain more info on what OP was looking for.

Last edited:

GEE ARR

Oct 29, 2018
MIDLANDS
I have a Fox Float DPS with an eye 2 eye measurement of 200mm....that's not going to work then is it? What other kashima coated Fox options are there? Ta!!

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales

DBcoil CS 210 x 52.5
VALT 2.00in x 650 Coil

Waiting for it to arrive and will post up when completed. Sorry for somewhat hijacking, but hopefully the thread was useful to gain more info on what OP was looking for.
(y)

ginogino

Oct 4, 2018
Italy, Sarzana (SP)

DBcoil IL

I'm also evaluating the purchase of a dbcoil IL, but I noticed that in the tftuned.com page of this shock, there is written:

"Note this shock is not compatible with 2019 Specialized Stumpjumper or Levo Models"

It is an error in the description on the site or it really is not compatible with the 2019 levo.

Simon_t

Nov 18, 2018
Herne Bay, UK
It will fit but there have been issues with the shaft snapping as it is overloaded on this bike. Therefore CC have stated not to fit it.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
............. I seem to have to ride with really high pressure on this RockShox Deluxe.

My Rockshox Deluxe R needs 230psi to support my 92kg riding weight. That is much higher than on any other FS I've been on. My bike is not a Speccy but a Focus Jam2. I can't believe that is the shock design, it must be the leverage ratio in the suspension design that requires high pressures. I have a quick look back at the other bikes I've had and irrespective of make or type of shock the pressure has been in the range 155-170 psi.

sirshan

Oct 2, 2018
Oakland, CA USA
Im still waiting on my CC DB CS from Worldwide Cyclery. They ordered it in November and I think just got it on Friday.
The inline version does not work from my talks with CC which is my I went this route.

Biaferon

Apr 28, 2019
Doncaster

DBcoil CS 210 x 52.5
VALT 2.25in x 650 Coil

How did it go?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles