2019-2020 Levo (2020 Kenevo) Speed Unlock Levociraptor

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I have problems wit my Levociraptor too. Seems because of moisture. The shove help works, nothing else does on the remote, on/off switch on the TCU doesn´t work also.
How did you dry & seal the Levociraptor? I have lots of different silicones at work, so i could try to fix it very well.

sento

Sep 19, 2019
spain
I would like to know if there is any problem with the warranty when installing levociraptor. Is there a trace on battery, tcu or on the engine? Is there a procedure so that there is no trace? thanks

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I would like to know if there is any problem with the warranty when installing levociraptor. Is there a trace on battery, tcu or on the engine? Is there a procedure so that there is no trace? thanks
What you don’t know can’t hurt you ! You will be ignored asking questions everyone wants to know ☺️

Spagnol

May 2, 2019
Italy
What you don’t know can’t hurt you ! You will be ignored asking questions everyone wants to know

I see no reason to ignore the question ... other that , yes it will avoid warranty , yes some traces are left behind .

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I see no reason to ignore the question ... other that , yes it will avoid warranty , yes some traces are left behind .
But no one will come out and say “I was refused a new motor on warranty because I used a speed deristricter” ! The Brose motors are so unreliable I don’t think spesh really give a hoot what you do with them !

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
But no one will come out and say “I was refused a new motor on warranty because I used a speed deristricter” ! The Brose motors are so unreliable I don’t think spesh really give a hoot what you do with them !
Warranty is subject to inspection. Any device that alters original specification or function is deemed as void.
Following removal process prior to claims advised.

Sharkbyte

Jan 23, 2020
Rocklin, CA
These types of work arounds are what is going to place all e-bikes in danger of being banned from our local trails. All it takes if for one serious incident of a rider hurting somebody else only to find out they illegally unrestricted their bike. It won't matter that a fit rider on an analog bike could have been riding at the same speeds. All the folks against e-bikes will latch onto the fact that there are many riders out on these trails with unrestricted bikes.

Last edited:

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
These types of work arounds are what is going to place all e-bikes in danger of being banned from our local trails. All it takes if for one serious incident of a rider hurting somebody else only to find out they illegally unrestricted their bike. It won't matter that a fit rider on an analog bike could have been riding at the same speeds. All the folks agains e-bikes will latch onto the fact that there are many riders out on these trails with unrestricted bikes.
Please refer to the instructions regarding use. Products exist for all types of vehicles.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I sent mine in for repair 1.5 months ago. I have mailed you about any status but have not recieved an answer yet.
Johan from Sweden

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I sent mine in for repair 1.5 months ago. I have mailed you about any status but have not recieved an answer yet.
Johan from Sweden
Please confirm 163 order. I will dispatch express tomorrow.
I need to check shipping to recover loss.

Infex

Jan 20, 2020
Tessenderlo, Belgium
I installed my Levociraptor a couple of weeks ago. (all working as it should)
A couple of days later my TCU started acting up. So I performed a TCU reset with the dongle installed on position 0 and took the bike back to my Spesh dealer and they replaced the TCU under warranty, so I presume they cannot check if it has been installed or not.
Great product! (y)

Last edited:

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I installed my Levociraptor a couple of weeks ago. (all working as it should)
A couple of days later my TCU started acting up. So I performed a TCU reset with the dongle installed on position 1 and took the bike back to my Spesh dealer and they replaced the TCU under warranty, so I presume they cannot check if it has been installed or not.
Great product! (y)
Thank you for feedback.

boneht

Sep 22, 2019
oxon
These types of work arounds are what is going to place all e-bikes in danger of being banned from our local trails. All it takes if for one serious incident of a rider hurting somebody else only to find out they illegally unrestricted their bike. It won't matter that a fit rider on an analog bike could have been riding at the same speeds. All the folks against e-bikes will latch onto the fact that there are many riders out on these trails with unrestricted bikes.

If the legal restrictions were reasonable people wouldn't be inclined to break them. 15.5 mph is simply ridiculous.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Hope its not the Levociraptor casing the TCU to fail, I had a similar issue and had the TCU replaced but now I'm worried about re-connecting the device? The bike would not turn on?
The TCU has its own issues. The Levociraptor deals with signals not power side of tcu and contains a fuse to protect device and bike from each other should power surge from a faulty tcu to the levociraptor.

Peter Hill

Dec 31, 2018
Derbyshire
The TCU has its own issues. The Levociraptor deals with signals not power side of tcu and contains a fuse to protect device and bike from each other should power surge from a faulty tcu to the levociraptor.
Thanks, apparently there is a new TCU on the way according to Spec? Rumours are that it contains a GPS chip? Unsure how true that is, but there were patent designs showing this possibility, or maybe it can already do this without the use of a smart phone and the app?
Extract from patent : “The electronic device can also record in log files gathered bike-related data, such as speed, cadence, location, selected mode, or motor temperature.” Interesting ?

Last edited:

Peter Hill

Dec 31, 2018
Derbyshire
Thanks, apparently there is a new TCU on the way according to Spec? Rumours are that it contains a GPS chip? Unsure how true that is, but there were patent designs showing this possibility, or maybe it can already without the app?
Extract from patent : “The electronic device can also record in log files gathered bike-related data, such as speed, cadence, location, selected mode, or motor temperature.”

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Are we living in some sort of ebike police state ! Surely there’s an data grab opt out option , some unscrupulous person could hack in spesh hq and know where every ebike that’s been sold lives !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles