Wheel bearing question

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Last ride my I had an awfully cracking on my drivetrain. I thought my cassette and chain where shot after 6500km. Turned out my bearings of the body are done.
20240502_163644.jpg

Does that mean that I also need to replace my wheel bearings? They don't grind and still runs smooth.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I've replaced wheel bearings in the past that where done, but never had to replace that on the cassette body.

I think I will leave the wheelbearings for now then , I would need a special dtswiss tool to get the ring out

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading

Because just because a bearing feels OK, after several years the odds are it's not. It may still be reasonable, but it can be better. If i've got the hub off and the wheel out, the bearing press sorted, i may as well put fresh nice new bearings in there, it's just common sense to me.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I've replaced wheel bearings in the past that where done, but never had to replace that on the cassette body.

I think I will leave the wheelbearings for now then , I would need a special dtswiss tool to get the ring out
Dont need a special tool, just use a socket over the end and pop off the end cap.
You will need deep circlip pliers for the free hub.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles