Nov 6, 2021
South Wales Wyllie
Hi all.

Gutted about Pole.
The bike is awesome.

Could do with some advise if possible.
Just doing a frame bearing change.

Done the axles and all good.

Does anyone know how to remove the two bearings pressed into the swing arm linkage. can’t access anything on pole website. Is there a special tool or has anyone already done it successfully

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Hi all.

Gutted about Pole.
The bike is awesome.

Could do with some advise if possible.
Just doing a frame bearing change.

Done the axles and all good.

Does anyone know how to remove the two bearings pressed into the swing arm linkage. can’t access anything on pole website. Is there a special tool or has anyone already done it successfully
Lost of stuff on you tube.

Nathan79

Nov 6, 2021
South Wales Wyllie
Lost of stuff on you tube.

Thanks.
Ive watched all those. Ive already changed axel bearings. It’s straight forward.

I’m talking about the link arms that connect swing arm to axels. X4. Each has a double bearing pressed in. Simple to install - there are videos for that. But nothing for how to remove. Seems it would be very easy to damage link arms to me.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Thanks.
Ive watched all those. Ive already changed axel bearings. It’s straight forward.

I’m talking about the link arms that connect swing arm to axels. X4. Each has a double bearing pressed in. Simple to install - there are videos for that. But nothing for how to remove. Seems it would be very easy to damage link arms to me.
If you are not already on the pole riders facebook group. Join up and ask the same question. I think the linkages have a step in middle and need to pulled with a blind bearing puller. Or tapped out with a punch from the inside out.

1716488635202.png

Nathan79

Nov 6, 2021
South Wales Wyllie
Ah. Glad you showed that pic.
Could have done some damage there.
I have blind pullers - just trying to think how to hold the link arm to support it without interfering with the bearing. There’s not much land to support on.

Thanks for help.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Are pole collapsing their Facebook group? I've been kicked out, I didn't even slag off their shonky engineering or customer service.
Oh well, it's not like I'm ever going to try to buy one again.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Are pole collapsing their Facebook group? I've been kicked out, I didn't even slag off their shonky engineering or customer service.
I just logged on, still appears to be up and running.

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
No, it’s still up. Probably just cleaning out non owners who are negative about the brand. Especially when they’re looking for potential buyers to save them. Why go on there anyway if you don’t own one or intend to own one?

Reactions: THA

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
No, it’s still up. Probably just cleaning out non owners who are negative about the brand. Especially when they’re looking for potential buyers to save them. Why go on there anyway if you don’t own one or intend to own one?
Because I ordered one back in November and was extremely fortunate to get a refund 2 weeks before they went bankrupt. Should I have voluntarily left at this point?

Plenty of unlucky owners who are now negative about the brand as their flimsy swingarms crack so they will be kicking a lot more out if they dare bring it up.

Ridelow

Mar 24, 2023
Norway
where does the swingarm crack to keep an eye on it. is that something that can be welded?

Also, here is a pic from the coast of Norway, really enjoying the bike and need to keep it alive for as long as possible now and be extra aware.

IMG_1197.jpeg

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
where does the swingarm crack to keep an eye on it. is that something that can be welded?

Also, here is a pic from the coast of Norway, really enjoying the bike and need to keep it alive for as long as possible now and be extra aware.

View attachment 141633
Crack starts in the recess where swingarm meets the lower links.

Rear will start to feel soft and flexy side-to-side, and shifting might get noisy / difficult when climbing steep sections due to the flex affecting chain alignment.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Rear will start to feel soft and flexy side-to-side, and shifting might get noisy / difficult when climbing steep sections due to the flex affecting chain alignment.
That happened to me this week. I was even getting rotor rub cornering. Nervously I check the swing arms. Cant see anything. Take the wheel out to have a closer look...... Boom loose axle. Tightened it up and yeha, no cracks for me yet and back to stiff. But did have a cold sweat for a while while checking.

I do ride hard. But I am mechanically sympathetic. I might be hitting big jumps/drops/ double black sillyness, but I rarely slam hard or run short/long and generally ride smooth and precise. Plus at 80km fully kitted I'm not the heaviest dude on a voima!

I am now reluctant to fully send the really silly new lines on a collectors item though. Which sometimes defeats the point of having a E-DH bike!....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles