Decoy XL/XXL geo

jene

May 12, 2021
Zaragoza
Hi folks,

I'm interested in buying a decoy but I have serious doubts about the size

I'm 189cm (6.2ft) and 89cm(35") inseam and I guess I fit on an XL..

The important thing for me is the seat tube distance because I need a long seat distance to avoid pain on my hips and to have clearance when I set the seat dropper down when going down...

My current Orbea Rise 508 mm(200") is perfect for that. I even have an oc dropper 210mm...That fits perfect for me.

The seat tube 470mm(185") on the decoy XL (almost 4 cm less than my current bike) and 495 mm(194") (only ~10mm less than my current)

Will be the decoy XXL too much long and big for me??

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
I think an XXL may be too big and if you need a 200mm dropper, may be difficult on a size XL. I just went from a Large Decoy to an XL because I felt a little cramped on the large. I am 6ft even and run 170mm Rockshox Reverb AXS dropper. I took off the rubber Gasket type thingy YT uses and found a slightly smaller height Seatpost Clamp that let's me install dropper as far down as possible it just fits. This is the aftermarket clamp I purchased. I gained about an extra inch.

jene

May 12, 2021
Zaragoza
I think an XXL may be too big and if you need a 200mm dropper, may be difficult on a size XL. I just went from a Large Decoy to an XL because I felt a little cramped on the large. I am 6ft even and run 170mm Rockshox Reverb AXS dropper. I took off the rubber Gasket type thingy YT uses and found a slightly smaller height Seatpost Clamp that let's me install dropper as far down as possible it just fits. This is the aftermarket clamp I purchased. I gained about an extra inch.

Almost the same height than me and You installed the dropper all the way down in the seat tube... Interesting but I guess I'd need to install it in the XL size about 10cm (or even more) out the tube (6cm out as my current bike and 4cm of the difference seat tube distance of the decoy).

Good point the clamp!

CHENCHIN

Dec 18, 2023
Pirineos
Hola amigos. Mido 1.88cm y 91cm de entrepierna. Estoy interesado en una nueva señuelo y veo que lo aconsejado es XL. Tuve una capra de 29" de 2018 y fue talla XL. Me quedo perfecto. En la capra la XL era de 1,83 a 1,93 con lo que estaba justo en medio, en Decoy 1,81 a 1,91 parece que algo más ajustado. Aun asi creo que está bastante claro q seria XL. Comonlo ven ustedes??
Gracias

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles