Yt decoy 29 ordered. First Ebike

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
Hi guys,

have a yt decoy 29 on order and can’t wait to get ridding. I’ve ridden motocross all my life but have recently fallen in love with mtb.
I really wanted the decoy shred but was too impatient to wait. I ordered and paid for the 29 on the 27th of August and despite saying it was in stock there’s still no sign of the bike. Gutting a bit frustrated with YT support and lack of answers.

Just wondering if anyone has had any recent experience ordering with YT. I have read a few other posts and there seems to be a lot of people less than happy with YT customer service.
Really hope it turns up soon as I’m chomping at the bit to get on it. Any help or info would be much appreciated

Strive77

Aug 5, 2020
Lancashire. England
I understand where you’re coming from mate. I ordered an in stock pro race in the 19th august and it still hasn’t shipped. I’ve sent 3 emails and the first was replied to saying it was going to ship in 7 working days and it didn’t. The 2nd email said they didn’t have uk chargers but the bike was ready to ship so they’d ship it with an eu charger and forward the uk charger when in stock. It hasn’t shipped and that was over a week ago. 3rd email they haven’t replied.
A month and no dispatch for an in stock bike is shit so Iget where you’re coming from mate.

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
I did manage to get through to Germany after being on hold for 45 mins. They had originally told me the same thing that they were waiting for uk chargers. The guy in Germany then told me that the couldn’t ship the bikes now without the appropriate charger so there was going to be another few weeks delay. I mentioned about getting a charger from the mill in Surrey and they eventually put me through to a uk guy there. He assured me that despite the confusion the bike was going to be shipped with an EU charger until UK chargers became available and that the bike was scheduled for dhl collection on the 25th.

Chris at theYT mill was very helpful to be fair. I don’t think the mill is fully up and running and functioning as it should at the moment but my hope is that when it is the customer service for UK customers should improve. I’ve got a number for him at the mill now so if there’s any more problems at least I have a uk contact to speak to. I love the YT bikes and the brand but it seems the customer support is not where it needs to be yet. Hopefully the wait will be over soon and at least I can ride the bike

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
I understand where you’re coming from mate. I ordered an in stock pro race in the 19th august and it still hasn’t shipped. I’ve sent 3 emails and the first was replied to saying it was going to ship in 7 working days and it didn’t. The 2nd email said they didn’t have uk chargers but the bike was ready to ship so they’d ship it with an eu charger and forward the uk charger when in stock. It hasn’t shipped and that was over a week ago. 3rd email they haven’t replied.
A month and no dispatch for an in stock bike is shit so Iget where you’re coming from mate.
Hi mate. Has your bike arrived yet? I’ve got tracking info from DHL now but nothing changed for a few days. Wondering how long it too once you had tracking info. Hope it’s come and your loving the new bike

Strive77

Aug 5, 2020
Lancashire. England
Hi mate. Has your bike arrived yet? I’ve got tracking info from DHL now but nothing changed for a few days. Wondering how long it too once you had tracking info. Hope it’s come and your loving the new bike
Hi mate, yes I got the bike yesterday but still waiting for the charger etc which seems to be stuck in Germany.
When was your order dispatched from YT?
I don’t know when I’ll get the 2nd part of the order as it seems it’s at the stage where you’re at.

mikeyneale21

Sep 16, 2020
South Wales
Hi mate, yes I got the bike yesterday but still waiting for the charger etc which seems to be stuck in Germany.
When was your order dispatched from YT?
I don’t know when I’ll get the 2nd part of the order as it seems it’s at the stage where you’re at.
It seems from the tracking info that DHL picked it up from YT on Wednesday but the tracking status hasn’t changed since then. It should come this week

Bigship

Oct 7, 2020
Houston, TX
Hi guys,

have a yt decoy 29 on order and can’t wait to get ridding. I’ve ridden motocross all my life but have recently fallen in love with mtb.
I really wanted the decoy shred but was too impatient to wait. I ordered and paid for the 29 on the 27th of August and despite saying it was in stock there’s still no sign of the bike. Gutting a bit frustrated with YT support and lack of answers.

Just wondering if anyone has had any recent experience ordering with YT. I have read a few other posts and there seems to be a lot of people less than happy with YT customer service.
Really hope it turns up soon as I’m chomping at the bit to get on it. Any help or info would be much appreciated

I had a great experience with support. I sent them my order number via email and they contacted me the next day with delivery info. Had a couple of issues in assembly and they stepped be right thru it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles