Your thoughts on " THOMAS LIGHTRIDER!"

sauravgartaula

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
An amazing electric bike renowned as one of the best.
The Thömus Lightrider E1 is an E-Enduro bike with 150mm travel, full carbon frame, neatly integrated Shimano Steps E8000 motor and modern geometry with a long reach and short chainstays. Thömus themselves have described as “probably the world’s best eMTB.”

What are your thoughts about this bike?
tohemus.jpg

Japuserid

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Wow that is a super looking bike, you are not going to bump into one of these very often :D £8300.00 is a lot of money but not as much as some,

What price exclusivity ? I think I might be a bit upset :cry: if needed to upgrade things like brakes though if I were spending 8K + :unsure:

What else is in this price range. Orange I think is about £7500.00 also very nice, not got the weight advantage of the Thomas.

Pivot is the closest, carbon high end very low weight e-mtb, I can think of and I think that's nearer £10,000 :eek:

Think I would prefer the Thomas :D

sauravgartaula

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wow that is a super looking bike, you are not going to bump into one of these very often :D £8300.00 is a lot of money but not as much as some,

What price exclusivity ? I think I might be a bit upset :cry: if needed to upgrade things like brakes though if I were spending 8K + :unsure:

What else is in this price range. Orange I think is about £7500.00 also very nice, not got the weight advantage of the Thomas.

Pivot is the closest, carbon high end very low weight e-mtb, I can think of and I think that's nearer £10,000 :eek:

Think I would prefer the Thomas :D
Niceeeee!

F700

Jul 16, 2020
Seoul, Korea
20200731_192757.jpg

I have bought the Lightrider E1 at 2018.

After 2 years of riding, the drive side carbon fiber chainstay has cracked from normal use. It just cracked on a normal Sunday local singletrack ride. No crash, no external impact. I believe the chainstay was not designed to withstand 200mm rotor braking, 70Nm torque drivetrain, and mountain trail impacts.

Thömus sent me an replacement part, one month after the warranty claim, but it was in a different color. They are saying the specific color parts are not available because the frame is discontinued. But, that is like saying, "Thömus is not ready for the warranty service." so don't buy anything from them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles