Yeti 160E T1 leaning on stuff on first ride.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
My new Yeti 160E T1, upgraded to SRAM AXS gears before riding. Out for a first quick spin around the river on a very windy and wet day. All seems good and looking forward to a day out in the Peak District on Tuesday for a proper ride.
IMG_2090.jpg
tempImage0b7dw9.png

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Might have to invest in some carbon rims before I go to the Highlands this year. Loving the bike rides much better than my TL did, but then again cost a lot more, as you would expect for a Yeti :).
We get what we pay for! Like the matching color pedals! That's a hell of a rear mud fender you got there!

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
We get what we pay for! Like the matching color pedals! That's a hell of a rear mud fender you got there!
keeps the crap of ya back in the English winter, will be off for the summer :)
Local Dealer fitted the pedals out he had been saving them for when my bike arrived , bit chunky for my liking but will run them for now.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Hero dirt today in San Diego! Light showers a few times during ride. Absolutely amazed how well the Yeti 160e climbs! Leave the rear shock wide open and have really dialed in my suspension settings. It's also a beast on the downhill as well. Learned the value that speed can be your friend in rocky chunk😉

Screenshot_20220403-150100_Gallery.jpg

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
A few upgrades now added to the 160e, most notably Enve AM30 wheels with Industry Nine Hubs which are superb and allow me to ride lines I previously would have struggled on.
Tyres fitted back to front - Doh!

tempImage1ctgd2.jpg

Last edited:

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Nice! Enve makes awesome wheels! Are those One-Up pedals?
Yes the oil slick ones, I like the one-up pedals and have the black ones on my Arc. Really pleased with the wheels you can really tell the difference in the ride feel from the EX1700's which are very good wheels.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Yes the oil slick ones, I like the one-up pedals and have the black ones on my Arc. Really pleased with the wheels you can really tell the difference in the ride feel from the EX1700's which are very good wheels.
I like the low profile of the One Ups, have them on my Amish mtb. Currently running Deity TMAC's on my Yeti 160e and DMR Vaults on my YT Decoy. Just got the Raceface Atlas 22 model that look awesome, haven't tried them yet.

Had the Enve's on my Canyon Torque and they take a beating and performance awesome! Went with the DT Swiss EXC 1501 Carbon option on my Yeti and seem to be a good match with the Eddy Currents and Cushcore set-up I'm running.

How you liking your Yeti? Do you see many in your neck of the woods?

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I like the low profile of the One Ups, have them on my Amish mtb. Currently running Deity TMAC's on my Yeti 160e and DMR Vaults on my YT Decoy. Just got the Raceface Atlas 22 model that look awesome, haven't tried them yet.

Had the Enve's on my Canyon Torque and they take a beating and performance awesome! Went with the DT Swiss EXC 1501 Carbon option on my Yeti and seem to be a good match with the Eddy Currents and Cushcore set-up I'm running.

How you liking your Yeti? Do you see many in your neck of the woods?
Hi, yes the Yeti is bar far the best bike I have ridden, weight is the only issue but stick a battery and motor on Yeti and you end up with a 50Lb bike unfortunately. Not many around here I was talking to the manager at my local bike shop yesterday and he was saying mine is the only one they have managed to get hold of so far. Apparently there are 400 on back order and no delivery dates even being quoted yet so I was very lucky to get mine from the first drop in the UK.

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
Hero dirt today in San Diego! Light showers a few times during ride. Absolutely amazed how well the Yeti 160e climbs! Leave the rear shock wide open and have really dialed in my suspension settings. It's also a beast on the downhill as well. Learned the value that speed can be your friend in rocky chunk😉

View attachment 85336

What did you have prior to the 160E?

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
What did you have prior to the 160E?
I had a Specialized Levo S-Works 2nd gen that was a pretty good all-round bike. Climbed really well but geometry was outdated, didn't like chunky or knar. I also currently have a YT Decoy Elite that I have customized, biggest item being Push ELEVENSIX coil shock. REALLY love the way the Decoy rides, only drawback is limited range on battery. More I ride my Yeti, the more I enjoy it.

Reactions: KSL

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
I had a Specialized Levo S-Works 2nd gen that was a pretty good all-round bike. Climbed really well but geometry was outdated, didn't like chunky or knar. I also currently have a YT Decoy Elite that I have customized, biggest item being Push ELEVENSIX coil shock. REALLY love the way the Decoy rides, only drawback is limited range on battery. More I ride my Yeti, the more I enjoy it.

When I picked up my KSL last year, my Yeti 130 started collecting dust fast. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I got back on my aucoustic and fell in love with the Yeti geo and overall feel. I also test rode a 160E in the parking lot and also had a similar feeling immediately. Now I'm trying to get some feedback for those that have owned or ridden a KSL and a 160E.

BTW: I rider Black Mountain in Poway mostly. You ever ride there?

Last edited:

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
When I picked up my KSL last year, my Yeti 130 started collecting dust fast. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I got back on my aucoustic and fell in love with the Yeti geo and overall feel. I also test rode a 160E in the parking lot and also had a similar feeling immediately. Now I'm trying to get some feedback for those that have owned or ridden a KSL and a 160E.

BTW: I rider Black Mountain in Poway mostly. You ever ride there?
Yes, I ride there frequently. Just purchased a house below the antennas on the north side of the mountain. Also ride Beeler Canyon to Santee, Lake Hodges and Daley Ranch. Maybe we can meet up for a ride sometime?

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
Yes, I ride there frequently. Just purchased a house below the antennas on the north side of the mountain. Also ride Beeler Canyon to Santee, Lake Hodges and Daley Ranch. Maybe we can meet up for a ride sometime?

Yeah for sure...I'm at the coast but only 30min out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles