Yeti 160e Mullet

scott2655

Sep 24, 2020
Melbourne
Anybody tried running a mullet set up yet?

I have just set it up and waiting on the first ride, and I’m just interested in any experiences people might have had.

cheers

scott2655

Sep 24, 2020
Melbourne
For the sake of anyone thinking about it in future here are the thoughts from the first two rides one in dry sandy rocky conditions and the other in the Forrest.

peddle strikes in the rocks was really noticeable and almost came off a few times, line choice becomes a lot more critical.

on the plus side the bike is a lot more nimble and being that I’m only 5.7 feet tall this was a great bonus, not that running a full 29er was bad but this is the plus side. I didn’t think slow tight turns were any better just throwing it into berms and faster corners were better.

hanging off the back is of course better and will help me leaning double blacks.

if I was riding fairly flat trails I’d pop the 29 rear back on but for downhills for now the mullet seems to be better for me as an intermediate rider on mainly tech rocky single blacks and fast flowie blues.

Galexsoto

Jun 25, 2023
Costa Rica
Hello

I also have a 160E Yeti, and seeing several reviews I saw that it brings the option of making it mullet, now what I did follow was an advice I saw in a review on YouTube of the Loam Wolf to put a 2.6 tire behind to try to maintain the geometry a little, I also change the position of the shox at 35 degrees And by combining all that I have achieved a more nimble bike,Better In the curve, playful, and much better in steep parts without saying that you avoid sticking the ass on the rear tire.

I think it is a good option for somebody that measures 5.7 like me,regarding the tapping of the pedals is avoided using the .26 rim and also to get some shorter cranks like 165mm or even 160mm if you are having issues.I think it works I have tried it in several trails and even in competitions And it has really worked for me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles