Yeti 160E arrived

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
My friend and I were looking at 2 of these in a local bike shop. We noticed neither of them have the Di2 handlebars. The shop called Yeti and they said they are out of stock on those bars and are substituting bars with no holes for now. Anyone else notice this?
My new Yeti 160e did not come the custom Yeti Carbon/fiberglass bar as well. Had the Yeti 800mm bar thats on their website that they sell as a component. Not really an issue for me since I prefer 31.8mm bars cus they offer more compliance and definitely assist with the fatigue factor. I changed out to SQ Lab 30x12° bars that have more backsweep then traditional 8-9° most manufacturers spec. Has definitely help with wrist soreness and numbness. Contrary to what others have posted, they do not shorten the reach due to the way SQ Lab designed them. Come in carbon and aluminum with different rises.

20211128_095531.jpg

20211128_094923.jpg

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Holy shit man the bike is good.

most suprising is how well it climbs. Despite the ‘weaker’ EP8 I’ve found that the rear grips in so well that it’s able to climb stuff just like the Bosch. Albeit in the limited (2 local rides) completed so far.

Its incredibly nimble and the bike feels *almost* like a super light with more power. If I hadn’t weighed it I’d have thought it was a couple of KG under the 23KG actual weight.

It’s very quiet, other than the slight EP8 rattle. It’s the quietest EP8 I’ve tested. Could be down to design, could be a fluke, could be Shimano have refined their manufacturing process.

I’m honestly surprised by the bike. When you read paper stats it’s quite easy to build up an opinion on how it might ride. Be I’m very impressed after a couple of short rides so far.

View attachment 72312
I've taken my Yeti-160E on a wide variety of rides now and echo your same statements about how well it rides! Dialed in the suspension and tire psi as well as switching the rear shock to the 35% setting. Best climbing bike I've ever ridden and super impressed on how well it descends. Hard to describe but just felt natural right out of the gate. For a 29er it is agile and handles very well. Debated between the Yeti and Gen 3 Levo and glad I made the right call. To me Yeti still carries the boutique branding that sets it apart from the industry giants. To all the Yeti haters, you are entitled to your opinions but don't knock a bike until you've ridden it!

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I've taken my Yeti-160E on a wide variety of rides now and echo your same statements about how well it rides! Dialed in the suspension and tire psi as well as switching the rear shock to the 35% setting. Best climbing bike I've ever ridden and super impressed on how well it descends. Hard to describe but just felt natural right out of the gate. For a 29er it is agile and handles very well. Debated between the Yeti and Gen 3 Levo and glad I made the right call. To me Yeti still carries the boutique branding that sets it apart from the industry giants. To all the Yeti haters, you are entitled to your opinions but don't knock a bike until you've ridden it!

Is there really allot of hate towards the Yeti? I've really only read good things about it, of course I haven't exactly been looking for negative feedback on it.

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Is there really allot of hate towards the Yeti? I've really only read good things about it, of course I haven't exactly been looking for negative feedback on it.
Mainly getting negative feedback on price of bike which I can kind of understand, its a lot of money for some people. Think it falls in line with top-end spec'ed emtbs from Specialized & Santa Cruz. In regard to the bike itself, hearing gripes about integration. I don't quite know what it meant by this, actually ike the way the Yeti looks and how cables/brake lines are ran under battery and through internal frame routings. Makes it super easy to work on. Normal displeasure with Shimano EP8/630mw battery being inferior to Spesh and Bosch. Aforementioned items are factors one must take into consideration but for me, ride quality was my #1 priority and if I had to choose only one emtb, Yeti-160E would be the one.

shakeystart

Jun 23, 2020
1617daY
Trying to get a handle on sizing in general and the chart puts me in between on the 160E. I’m 5’10” and ride a Med SB4.5 and a Large Levo SL. Ride in Sedona and western Colo. type trails. What sizing suggestions would you offer?

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
Trying to get a handle on sizing in general and the chart puts me in between on the 160E. I’m 5’10” and ride a Med SB4.5 and a Large Levo SL. Ride in Sedona and western Colo. type trails. What sizing suggestions would you offer?
I'm 6ft even and ride a large. Think the size is perfect for me. Stayed with a 50mm stem and saddle is centered in middle of rails in case I needed to make minor adjustments.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles