Yet another shock question, 8.5" x 2.25" sub for 210x55mm?

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
I'm getting bit frustrated trying to find a 210x50/55mm dvo Topaz t3. I have found an 8.5"x2.25". That would change the travel form 140mm to 145mm. It would also raise the back of the bike about 6mm. As is stands I've lowered the back of my 2018 plus Jam2 using a 2.6" instead of the 2.8" and I've raised the front of the bike with a 29" 2.6" wheel/tire. I'm going to check if anything hits with this option but I'm tempted. It's either that or continue to check pinkbike 4 times a day (missed a 210x55 that went for $200 and others). DVO say probably 2022 until they have this shock in stock. A US dealer has the 8.5x2.25" in stock now.

So has anyone here tried this US version with success? It think 6mm taller on a suspension that spends a lot of time more compressed initially (from what I can tell) might not be that bad as long as I have the clearance. Will check now and report back.

OK, just answered my own question. This will NOT work on my medium 2018 carbon frame. One of the suspension linkages hits the back tube of the frame. Guess I'll keep checking. I did find a 210x55mm for $400. used and rebuilt which seems a bit high but I can't get the guy to respond to my emails so it must have been sold.

Last edited:

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
I think @steve_sordy might be able to give advice on the DVO shock options
The US size will not work so I've got to wait to find a 210x55/50 DVO. I have one one order for a 15% discount but looks like they just don't really know when they'll get them. Every couple months they extend things by a couple of months and now they are "guessing" it's not going to be this year. So no choice but to wait unless a good deal shows up somewhere for a used one. It's a very popular size.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles