Yet another e10 with an M600 - this post is really a thank you to this forum.

vext

Aug 11, 2022
Los Angeles
I know I know another black e10/m600 - yawn. But this is really a thank-you note. But first see obligatory photo.
Shocker.jpg

The parts are nothing special - mostly what I could find on sale as the industry transitioned to the 2023 lineup. My goal was to use high performance stuff that I could find discounted.

But really this post is a thank you to all of you and in particular @thaeber, @Neeko DeVinchi and of course @Rob Rides EMTB for putting up with my dumb questions. Also thanks to @Waynemarlow and @ficorama for your battery chops.

Nothing really novel in the setup of my bike except I did plumb and wire in an in-line Magura hydraulic brake cut-of switch in to the stock Bafang harness that works like a charm. If anyone is interested in that, I'll post a how-to.
magura-hydraulic-brake-pressure-motor-cut-off-switch-430570-1-11-1.jpg

Anyway Thanks ALL!

Vext

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Ive been trying to find some information about these magura pressure sensors and not much can be found, even mailed magura but no reply!

Seems like a nice option to hide at least the rear one in the frame.

Is it possible to just slide off that piece and solder on some new wires? and how fast does the sensor activate? is it before the calipers clamp on the disc? i like to slightly hold a brake in crowded situations and at crossings so the motor doesn't turn on.
1684015460304.png

vext

Aug 11, 2022
Los Angeles
Ive been trying to find some information about these magura pressure sensors and not much can be found, even mailed magura but no reply!

Seems like a nice option to hide at least the rear one in the frame.

Is it possible to just slide off that piece and solder on some new wires? and how fast does the sensor activate? is it before the calipers clamp on the disc? i like to slightly hold a brake in crowded situations and at crossings so the motor doesn't turn on.
View attachment 114500
It works great. I have it inside the frame on the rear.

It's very sensitive and will work the way you want.

The unit only has two wires and the stock connector has three so you have to figure out which two on the harness to bridge.

I think the issue is finding one.

Another option is... The Chinese make hydraulic levers with built in switches.

Look on Alibaba

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
I've changed the cable on MT5E levers by taking out the pcb, craping off the glue and soldering in bafang ones, I'm assuming it's simmilar, just wanted to know if it's possible to solder the cable on the sensor directly instead of the wire

Had a set of chinese levers from goodtaste (bafang version) before they worked okayish but didn't feel right.

1684017028031.png

as for finding them, they seem to be available here and there when i look for the magura part nr instead of the name (0724344)

Bit stuck between deciding on MT5e with or the MT C5 with these pressure sensors.

vext

Aug 11, 2022
Los Angeles
I've changed the cable on MT5E levers by taking out the pcb, craping off the glue and soldering in bafang ones, I'm assuming it's simmilar, just wanted to know if it's possible to solder the cable on the sensor directly instead of the wire

Had a set of chinese levers from goodtaste (bafang version) before they worked okayish but didn't feel right.

View attachment 114503

as for finding them, they seem to be available here and there when i look for the magura part nr instead of the name (0724344)

Bit stuck between deciding on MT5e with or the MT C5 with these pressure sensors.
I suppose you could solder directly. If I remember correctly there's a boot that covers up the electrical connection.

Alex144

Apr 16, 2023
The backyard
Did kinda look like that from the picture, Thank you:)

I'll probably go for this set + the switches if the budget allows it in the end.
1684051349892.png

vext

Aug 11, 2022
Los Angeles
Did kinda look like that from the picture, Thank you:)

I'll probably go for this set + the switches if the budget allows it in the end.
View attachment 114523
I know this may sound dumb but maybe this would work for you:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256....0.0.514738da1Vzsg5&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

1684087140063.png

I get it. It's a down-market chinese brand but I'm willing to try it because the levers have the wires built in. this would save the hassle of wiring in the pressure sensor. I kinda feel like my shimano brakes are cool but I don't really need more than a basic set up.

I find two things with the bafang set up I need. Both of these items I first thought I'd simply do without, but now that I use the system for steep technical climbs I find both are useful.

1) The brake kill. To kill the motor in tight turning situations when I need to drop torque fast.
2) The throttle - only as a back-up for steep hill starts in the wrong gear (obviating the need to shift the gearing under load) and to get the damn m600 to keep up with my dad's brose in the steepest sections.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Its very easy and cost effctive to put a very small magnetic switch on the brake lever, there's quite a lot of detail on this over on the bafang thread on EndlessSphere.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
I know I know another black e10/m600 - yawn. But this is really a thank-you note. But first see obligatory photo.
View attachment 102216
That looks stunning mate. Really nice. I almost wish I had gone the 'cheeb' route now, mainly to get the user-friendly motor system but I'd love to build a bike from total scratch too. Had I of known more about what was out there re decent chinese frames and motors I would deffo have gone that route. Enjoy bud!

PH1L1PP3

Apr 27, 2023
France
View attachment 102216
The parts are nothing special - mostly what I could find on sale as the industry transitioned to the 2023 lineup. My goal was to use high performance stuff that I could find discounted.

But really this post is a thank you to all of you and in particular @thaeber, @Neeko DeVinchi and of course @Rob Rides EMTB for putting up with my dumb questions. Also thanks to @Waynemarlow and @ficorama for your battery chops.

Nothing really novel in the setup of my bike except I did plumb and wire in an in-line Magura hydraulic brake cut-of switch in to the stock Bafang harness that works like a charm. If anyone is interested in that, I'll post a how-to.
View attachment 102217
Anyway Thanks ALL!

Vext
Very nice assembly! (y) What are the frame and wheels size please?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles