YAMAHA e-Bike diagnostic software Ver.2

emtbiker

Jul 24, 2022
Finland
I have tried to connect my bike to laptop without success. Tried several laptops with the same problem. The problem is, that Device Manager shows "Device cannot start (error 10)." It recognizes a new COM-port and new device named YAMAHA but states that no driver installed for that. Suppose that this is either a driver issue or my hardware is faulty. Any suggestions? My OS is Win10Pro.

emtbiker

Jul 24, 2022
Finland
I have tried to connect my bike to laptop without success. Tried several laptops with the same problem. The problem is, that Device Manager shows "Device cannot start (error 10)." It recognizes a new COM-port and new device named YAMAHA but states that no driver installed for that. Suppose that this is either a driver issue or my hardware is faulty. Any suggestions? My OS is Win10Pro.
Problem solved. Virtual COM port driver reinstallation solved the issue.

ernetmyk

May 27, 2023
Ukraine/europe
Could explaine, please:
Installed the software on the laptop and made a "Drive unit/ Display" successful diagnostics. But to make battery diagnostics, it does not work, it gives an error "communication error".
What could be the problem is: driver, software, battery any else?

5.jpg

Deacon

Jan 27, 2023
England
Could explaine, please:
Installed the software on the laptop and made a "Drive unit/ Display" successful diagnostics. But to make battery diagnostics, it does not work, it gives an error "communication error".
What could be the problem is: driver, software, battery any else?

View attachment 115884

I get the same with my Allmtn 10 with the Yamaha PW-X3 motor.
I can connect to the motor OK, but not the battery.
I think this is due to Yamaha changing from there own branded batteries to Simplo/Trendpower battery manufacture, at the end of 2022.

Yamaha either need to bring out new Software, or we need Simplo/Trendpower software.

luka

Jun 21, 2023
Slovenia
Hi Deacon. I just bougth a Mondraker-simplo 360w range extender.
So, as I could see you haven't found a solution for pwx3 yet?

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Some of the yam bikes don’t have yam batteries, this is why the Sw can’t read them and reports an error. This is normal, the battery probably isn’t faulty, just a limitation of the SW

fvida

Sep 11, 2023
Slovakia
Hey guys, wanted to try the diagnostics tool for the first time on a bike we have in our shop, but I can´t enter PC mode (display type A - following the process in the quick guide). Any advice?

HXT

Sep 15, 2023
Germany
Hey fellow MTB Bikers,
i tried to use the software on my Sduro Hardnine 7.0, but can't get the virtual com port driver to work. I have exactly thew same problem as emtbiker had:
I also tried reinstalling, without any success. My OS is Win 10 Pro but I also tried on a fresh Install of WIn 7 Pro. Both say installation was fine, but then the "Device cannot start (error 10)." appears.

@emtbiker, what exactly did you do while reinstalling the driver? And did you really use the driver from this thread?

Would really appreciate if someone could help me out on this issue.

Cheers!

HXT

Sep 15, 2023
Germany
Hey fellow MTB Bikers,
i tried to use the software on my Sduro Hardnine 7.0, but can't get the virtual com port driver to work. I have exactly thew same problem as emtbiker had:

I also tried reinstalling, without any success. My OS is Win 10 Pro but I also tried on a fresh Install of WIn 7 Pro. Both say installation was fine, but then the "Device cannot start (error 10)." appears.

@emtbiker, what exactly did you do while reinstalling the driver? And did you really use the driver from this thread?

Would really appreciate if someone could help me out on this issue.

Cheers!
Nevermind, I got it to work. The error still shows up in Device Manager, but as soon as I connect the bike another working virtual Com Port appears (instead of the Yamaha Device). This is for my Win7 SP1 Intstallation, Win10 still does not work. For me this is fine enough.
I own a Haibike Sduro Hardnine 7.0 (2016, PW-X1) and an AllMnt7 (2023, PW-X3). Software works on both, and also on both the battery cannot be checked (Communication Error). Reading the fault History works fine, cleaning it does not (An error occurred). I only tested history cleaning on the PW-X3, as tghe PW-X1 had no errors reported.

If anybody had access to a newer version, this would be a breeze!

Cheers,
Frank

Last edited:

OTWall

Feb 21, 2024
Norway
Hi.

New on the forum. Has anyone been able to make the e-Bike diagnostic software work with Yamaha PW LCD like on the picture (Haibike Sduro trekking 4.0 2016)? I've connected the Yamaha to a PC (Win10Pro), display on bike shows "0" (not PC), get the correct comm.port setting. Neither red or green on the "Communication" symbol.

Any ideas on what to do?
1000006517.jpg

Cheers.

AndreyPr

Feb 19, 2024
Germany
Hi.

New on the forum. Has anyone been able to make the e-Bike diagnostic software work with Yamaha PW LCD like on the picture (Haibike Sduro trekking 4.0 2016)? I've connected the Yamaha to a PC (Win10Pro), display on bike shows "0" (not PC), get the correct comm.port setting. Neither red or green on the "Communication" symbol.

Any ideas on what to do?
View attachment 134956
Cheers.
Hello.
Right now I'm writing program for 2019+ displays (open source alternative to program from this topic). But according to my information, old 2016-2018 years displays had no pc connectable port at all. How do you connect your display to pc?

OTWall

Feb 21, 2024
Norway
Hello.
Right now I'm writing program for 2019+ displays (open source alternative to program from this topic). But according to my information, old 2016-2018 years displays had no pc connectable port at all. How do you connect your display to pc?
Connected through micro-USB.

OTWall

Feb 21, 2024
Norway
Here Dealer Yamaha there is a link to archive with program and many manuals. I can not find any mention to pc software for old displays, but here described how to diagnose everything without pc
Looks like I got my hopes up a bit too early then. Thanks, I'll check it out. Here's a picture of the connection.

20240221_222755.jpg

OTWall

Feb 21, 2024
Norway
Ok, so what happens when you trying to read it with program? Now you have dialog window to select port, what's wrong when you checked port and trying to read something?
Unable to make any readings. The connection is not made, stays grey (not failed connection/red nor good connection/green).

Zeni

Mar 7, 2024
Italy
Salve a tutti ,ho scaricato il software per Yamaha ed installata la p da voi fornita ed ora si può fare la diagnosi anche sul Pwx ed il PWX3 che ho . Confermo che legge solo il motore e non la batteria.In memoria guasti ho 3 errori però sono vecchi in quanto a settembre 2023 mi è stata cambiata la batteria perché difettosa.Ho visto però che non ti lascia cancellarli sapete perché? Grazie a chi mi risponderà.

Hello everyone, I downloaded the software for Yamaha and installed the p you provided and now I can also do the diagnosis on the Pwx and PWX3 that I have. I confirm that it only reads the engine and not the battery. In the fault memory I have 3 errors but they are old as in September 2023 I had the battery changed because it was faulty. However, I saw that it doesn't let you delete them, do you know why? Thanks to those who answer me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles