XT FC-M8050 crankset 165mm

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
Surprised Shimano didn't come out with a 160. Bosch has a 155 available, but it requires a retune.

Considering this upgrade, but the exchange rates are not currently favorable.

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
Does anybody know what the difference between the Shimano FC-M8050 and FC-E8050 cranksets is?
As far as I can find they are exactly the same, but maybe they are not, considering Shimano uses two different type names.

I'm thinking about buying a 165mm crankset and that looks to be the FC-M but I want to know for sure it will fit :)

Kev Henson

Sep 6, 2018
Leicestershire
Does anybody know what the difference between the Shimano FC-M8050 and FC-E8050 cranksets is?
As far as I can find they are exactly the same, but maybe they are not, considering Shimano uses two different type names.

I'm thinking about buying a 165mm crankset and that looks to be the FC-M but I want to know for sure it will fit :)

have put these on my scott e genius, same as what came with the bike, ordered on a sunday came on the thursday, you dont notice the difference pedalling but a lot less strikes
Shimano STePS FC-E8000 Crank for E-Mountainbikes - black

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
It will probably not make much of a difference, but I'd like to stick with the XT version of the cranks (hollowtech). There's a FC-E8050 170mm on my bike now, think I'll order the FC-M8050 165mm from Bike-Discount:
Shimano XT / Steps Crank Arms FC-M8050 without Chainring | Shimano STEPS System Shop

I already swapped the XT flatpedals with the NC17's that were on my other bike and that resulted in less pedalstrikes when pedalling in corners. The NC17's are one cm less wide compared to the XT's.
Hopefully the somewhat shorter cranks will do the rest :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles