XT crank on Orbea Rise?

Sutti

Jul 30, 2022
Innsbruck
Hi all! :D

The e13 crank (non drive side) on my Rise fell off mid ride for no apparent reason. Apparently this is a well known issue and I've already contacted the e13 support for replacement parts. So far so good.

Problem is its summer and I want to ride my bike and don't feel like waiting :D I also have an Orbea Oiz which came with XT cranks. I was wondering if the XT crank (non drive side only) from the Oiz would fit on the Rise? At least until the new parts arrive...

Cheers,
Dan

Sutti

Jul 30, 2022
Innsbruck
Nope, zero compatibilty, the ebike crank arms are very specific to the motor, you need EP8 compatible arms, I did switch out my E13s to shimano just to be safe, I found them on ebay, I think it was an italian seller: Cranks Arms for EP8 Engine Hollowtech FC-M8150 6 5/16in SH-IFCM8150MX SHIMANO

Thanks for the info! I thought as much... But it was worth a shot :D

I think I'm going to order compatible Shimano cranks like you suggested. E13s warranty process is taking forever...

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Check your motor spindle for hairline cracks around the hole. The e13 cranks may well have broken your motor. Do this before fitting replacement cranks as you may well need a warranty replacement.

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
Hi everyone,

I ordered left and right m8150 that arrived today but they don't seem to include the preload cap (which from memory is plastic).

Do I just use the alloy caps off the e13 cranks?

cheers

Rod B.

Aug 18, 2021
USA, Orange County Ca.

neilo

Jan 25, 2022
Australia
Hi everyone,

I ordered left and right m8150 that arrived today but they don't seem to include the preload cap (which from memory is plastic).

Do I just use the alloy caps off the e13 cranks?

cheers
Same exact question I had when I got my m8150's. Yes I just reused the alloy caps, no issues so far.

Note that the recommended torque on the cap is pretty low. I reckon you want to make sure the crank arm is seated well, and make sure the threads are nice and clean with fresh loctite applied before torqueing it up, otherwise you might underdo it.

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
Same exact question I had when I got my m8150's. Yes I just reused the alloy caps, no issues so far.

Note that the recommended torque on the cap is pretty low. I reckon you want to make sure the crank arm is seated well, and make sure the threads are nice and clean with fresh loctite applied before torqueing it up, otherwise you might underdo it.
Turns out the cranks they sold are replacement parts that should normally not be available for sale, they dont come with the cap. The shop were nice enough to send me a couple of caps. I have not installed yet but will put them on soon as I've had the e13 left arm come off 3 times now.

cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles