Worn Out Cassette after 280 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedyJim

Oct 24, 2022
Leicester
I wasn't going to reply but as I'm having a barrage of abuse for bringing up a valid point so here goes ,

Do you honestly think that your cassette is designed for an ebike / pedelec specifically ?

Only a couple spring to mind one of which being sram EX1 and the new Shimano link glide as already mentioned above,
as there is a big difference in a manufacturer printing ebike on the box and designing a drivetrain specifically

Also do you honestly think without motor assistance you could pull your 13t sprocket up the same hill at the same speed , i feel the answer is no so you would change down to a bigger sprocket thus reducing the wear problem and using more teeth on the lower gear
when an unassisted rider or a legal pedelec is on the 13t its usually on flat or facing down hill thus reducing the wear dramatically and being used as designed
A bigger front sprocket as already mentioned will help of course as this will keep you on bigger rear sprockets at the same speed

But my points are valid on your current setup if you don't see that i cant help .
I would hardly call it abuse, but that is the approach people tend to have when they are losing a debate...

You seem to have backtracked from your original statement and now have skewed this to a different narrative.

LINKGLIDE Cassette Sprocket 10-speed (11-43T) | SHIMANO BIKE-EU

LINKGLIDE cassette built for durability and smooth shifting

LINKGLIDE LG600 10-Speed Cassettes deliver smooth and decisive shifting performance with triple the durability of HYPERGLIDE+ in high chain tension e-bike applications. Focus on the natural joy of riding with smooth shifting in both directions and less pedalling shock.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
I would hardly call it abuse, but that is the approach people tend to have when they are losing a debate...

You seem to have backtracked from your original statement and now have skewed this to a different narrative.

LINKGLIDE Cassette Sprocket 10-speed (11-43T) | SHIMANO BIKE-EU

LINKGLIDE cassette built for durability and smooth shifting

LINKGLIDE LG600 10-Speed Cassettes deliver smooth and decisive shifting performance with triple the durability of HYPERGLIDE+ in high chain tension e-bike applications. Focus on the natural joy of riding with smooth shifting in both directions and less pedalling shock.
No
This wasn't a debate
You came on here asking for opinions and didn't like the answer i gave that's a fact and very apparent from your defensive argumentative replies
Then me trying to explain in different ways so at least two of you on this thread understand the point being made which still stands from my original post
So I'm not backtracking my original reply

It is you who cant take advice and not willing to see that you may have caused a lot of the wear yourself using the bike as it was not built or intended for which is NOT assisted power at over the legal cut off assistance speed (22mph up hill really)
Then moaning about your wear and tear
You could of course save all your wear issues by taking the assist speed limit removal box off your bike and running the bike for its intended use and design .
This is definitely my last reply to this thread as you cant take advice or opinions unless they fall unto your own train of thought .

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles