Wobbly Fox 34 on 2021 M20

locoboy

Jan 15, 2022
Midlands
Hi,
I borrowed an Orbea Rise M20 prior to ordering mine and fell in in love with it, the only concern for me was the chattery (flexing back and forth) Fox 34 under braking.
I ordered mine and initially mine didn't do it, however after 300 miles (200 of them on the road because I've had back surgery since getting the bike in Feb this year.) Mine too has started chattering/flexing under braking.
I'm guessing they all do that? Is there a suitable fork upgrade that I could look at to provide a less marsh mellow flexy fork?
Thanks

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Fox 36 , fox 38, rockshox lyrik and zeb, are all stiffer than a fox 34 they are also heavier by varying amounts

But it might not be due to the fork - it could be the front brake, have you tried cleaning the discs and putting new pads in? also check that the brake disc is completely true, if it is not true it can cause this fluttering.

I would think that because your bike didnt do this from new, it is not an issue with the fork, but is an issue with the brake. A stiffer fork may well not flex back and forth so much, and hence not show up the issue with the front brake, but I would guess it would just be masking the problem rather than getting to the root cause.

By all means get a new fork if you wanted one anyway....

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles