Levo Gen 3 Wired in Lights on Levo 2022

NewBeeEMTB

Jun 28, 2021
SoCal
Hello everyone,

What hard wired lights are you using on your 2022 Levo? I would much rather use some wired in ones I find myself charging my lights all the time. I would be nice if they could somehow add lights to the frame or at least integrate options to add lights yourself in the frame somehow plug n play.

Tim

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I currently have Magicshine MJ902S which at the moment, although includes a Brose cable, doesn't work with the Levo. That being said, I am working with them to test their lights and they are working out how to get this working on the Levo wired into the motor.

So not a help to you right now, but I think that it will one sorted soon. And they are a decent light at a fair price. I'll keep the thread updated as soon as they have figured it out!

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
I'm using this Lezyne on my 2019, works great...

NewBeeEMTB

Jun 28, 2021
SoCal
I currently have Magicshine MJ902S which at the moment, although includes a Brose cable, doesn't work with the Levo. That being said, I am working with them to test their lights and they are working out how to get this working on the Levo wired into the motor.

So not a help to you right now, but I think that it will one sorted soon. And they are a decent light at a fair price. I'll keep the thread updated as soon as they have figured it out!
I do believe I came across that thread at one point and those lights do look impressive. I suppose I was hoping there may be a few more choices to utilize plugging it into your bike but as you stated there does not seem to be too many that offer that feature right now. Appreciate keeping me in the loop as soon as Magicschine comes up with a solution Rob.

NewBeeEMTB

Jun 28, 2021
SoCal
I’d contact lupine

They are only led bike light company that I’m aware of that are tested in a sphere. All others are tested in useless ways (lumens) and most are figurative.

unless you wanna cheap lights. Alibaba has some cheap ones that are literally the same as most brands.
I will check those out and interesting I had no idea there were different testing standards and had not really thought about that too much and honestly usually do look at lumens as a reference point. I will do more research now that you have enlightened me to that great point.

Endurokeaty

Oct 31, 2021
Cornwall

This seems to be sorted now.

Oldbones8

Jun 30, 2022
Bristol
I know this is a old thread but is it possible to fit a decent light to the 22 levo. As it is my understanding that the output is far to low for any useful light to work?

Mina08

Aug 21, 2018
Sweden
I higly recommend this light, took me 30min install, great quality, good light output and has a light sensor in it so starts up when you turn the bike on (if its dark :). From a scandinavian site but i am sure they can send to other countries. I

IMG_3357.JPG
IMG_3359.JPG
also have 1 of there helmet lights which has been great LUMONITE® Navigator (v.2), Enduro Hjälmpaket
I think everything is made in Finland.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
I higly recommend this light, took me 30min install, great quality, good light output and has a light sensor in it so starts up when you turn the bike on (if its dark :). From a scandinavian site but i am sure they can send to other countries. I
Thanks for sharing this option!

I could not really get if they are shipping abroad, it would be interesting to understand. However the price, even with current discount it's higher than MagicShine options. Even the most expensive MJ-906 is cheaper :)

rennis

Nov 2, 2022
Seattle

I could not really get if they are shipping abroad, it would be interesting to understand. However the price, even with current discount it's higher than MagicShine options. Even the most expensive MJ-906 is cheaper :)
There is another multi-page thread on this topic here, I just installed the MJ906S last week. Works great. I'd go that route.

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
I have the 906S installed on mine as well. As said above, works well. I may not get the full lumens from it but it's enough I believe, and if I wanted more I could get the battery pack.

The_Badger

Jan 24, 2021
Bristol
There is another multi-page thread on this topic here, I just installed the MJ906S last week. Works great. I'd go that route.
Hey Rennis, I also installed the magicshine mj906se on to my levo fsr (happy to elaborate on that little mission!) and have encountered a really scary fault. When at full power the light occasionally trips the levo and switches off without warning. It has happened to me a handful of times, once doing 40mph downhill.
Magicshine have in all fairness offered to test the light but are citing a levo motor issue as a likely cause. Given the motor is the second one to trip, I highly doubt it’s the motor!
my guess, the power of the mj906 is right on the limit of the levo max output, so if I were you I wouldn’t rely on max power.
The light itself is okay. The ldr (which makes the light switch from daylight to full power automatically) is a bit sensitive and the light tends to toggle on and off constantly at dusk when you least want it to. my verdict…for what it’s worth…the light is almost brilliant, but imho fundamentally flawed for the levo. perhaps an unlucky one for me, but I wouldn’t buy again and that comes from a former magicshine fan and owner of other lights.

Mina08

Aug 21, 2018
Sweden

I am sure they can answer that via an email for you. I have had 3 different types of MagicShine over the last few years and all have failed in some way or another. Batteries dying, LEDS failing, connectors breaking, cases made of cheap plastics that easly crack, and overpriced for what you get. Cheap is not always best :), my battery has held its power consistantly over the last 3 years while stored over the summer periods, the quality of these lamps are very high.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
I am sure they can answer that via an email for you. I have had 3 different types of MagicShine over the last few years and all have failed in some way or another. Batteries dying, LEDS failing, connectors breaking, cases made of cheap plastics that easly crack, and overpriced for what you get. Cheap is not always best :), my battery has held its power consistantly over the last 3 years while stored over the summer periods, the quality of these lamps are very high.
All valid points. I also have 3 magicshine lights and I did not have a single issues with them during the last three years 😬

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles