Winter flat shoes/boots recommendations?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
My NW Himalaya boots arrived back from LSR today... well impressed with the conversion to FiveTen rubber they've done. Can't wait to try them out this weekend! Bring on the cold weather!

Cheers for the heads up on this company Stu :)(y)
Pics please!

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
I got some of these to go over my Five tens.
EACC4FA1-EB51-48B3-BF60-1BE9C96DE853.jpeg
F7FCFB29-4A10-4F96-892A-1ECBAEB5063B.jpeg

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
My NW Himalaya boots arrived back from LSR today... well impressed with the conversion to FiveTen rubber they've done. Can't wait to try them out this weekend! Bring on the cold weather!

Cheers for the heads up on this company Stu :)(y)
Your very welcome Fella , you'll love them.
The joy of warm , dry feet when the weather is filthy is pure ecstasy?

Pair them up with Sealskin socks - long trousers plus a lycra legging and knee pads - or shorts , lycra leggings , gaiters and knee pads for ultimate combo.

Master_G

Oct 13, 2019
Gloucester
Christmas has been and gone now, I am now the owner of Impact Pros & some Sealskin socks which I got to try out last weekend. The Pros are 100x better than the original Impacts, they don't tend to be so sponge-like and they shed a lot more mud, they even just wipe clean!

As for the sealskin socks, my feet were never so warm as they are now! I genuinely look forward to wet sloppy rides now!

As for the bike, the rear hub got full of mud so had to clean and regrease that. Something always needs money throwing at it ?

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Your very welcome Fella , you'll love them.
The joy of warm , dry feet when the weather is filthy is pure ecstasy?

Pair them up with Sealskin socks - long trousers plus a lycra legging and knee pads - or shorts , lycra leggings , gaiters and knee pads for ultimate combo.

Got my another new pair for Christmas of "Sealskins extreme cold weather" which seem to be the same thickness as my original Sealskin socks that I've had around 10 years now (still going strong and waterproof) and I have my Endura MT500 waterproof trousers I bought a year ago. So I'm all ready to hit the shit! Bring it on!!:p:cool:

Love being toasty on those cold wet days(y):)

Last edited:

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Have you used these yet? Are they any good? I have a feeling the pins on my pedals will tear that centre bit straight off

The center bit is really strong rubber and has no chance of tearing.

A lot of people have complained these don’t fit but have just bought the wrong size.

I have size 11 original impact and also Pro impact and the XXL fits just fine

F1B68C8D-78F4-487C-AED2-38D0C6A356D9.jpeg

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
I have
The center bit is really strong rubber and has no chance of tearing.

A lot of people have complained these don’t fit but have just bought the wrong size.

I have size 11 original impact and also Pro impact and the XXL fits just fine

View attachment 24579

I have size 8 FiveTens and bought the XXL as someone had already said you needed to buy at least 1-2 sizes bigger. They're just really hard to get on and off with the sticky FiveTen rubber, and I personally wasn't prepared to battle with that every time I ride in the winter and I'd want to take them off after every ride to clean them. The Vaude Gaiters are a much better and cheaper option in my opinion if you just want and overshoe cover. ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles