Winstanley Bike Wigan

Horse

Mar 31, 2020
Glenrothes, Fife
Hi All,

If you are looking to buy anything from WINSTANLEY BIKES in wigan....avoid avoid avoid. I have contacted trading standards and pay pal due to them not sending my item and no refund. Their phone line is dead, they don't answer emails, but send you a hermes tracking number that still shows as not received. Avoid at all costs.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Sorry to hear your story but my experience with them last October in lockdown was ok , I ordered some exposure lights which were on back order and got them in 3wks . The phone lines were down but they did answer emails so can’t grumble !

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Still waiting on a battery from Wigan. Hermes said there is delay but it will be on the move in 24 hours. It is now a week and no further update

St4nley

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2020
Derbyshire
Important information regarding Coronavirus (Covid-19)
We are open online and delivering, and our shop is open today.

Due to an increased demand for bikes at this time, there may be a delay with despatching your order.
Estimated shipping times for each product are shown on the product page before you order.
If you wish to contact us, we ask you to email us, as we have temporarily closed our phone lines and online help desk.
We have a lot of emails just now and it is taking us several days to reply. Our apologies for the delay.
We do appreciate that many would like a quicker response, and we are doing what we can to speed things up, including taking on more staff.
We thank you for your understanding at this time.

Pulled from their Ordering information page, just a sign of the times.

Have used them many times, always got what I ordered, just not the quickest on despatching.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Yeah it’s been 11 days since Hermes received the parcel now and no word from them or Winstanleys despite phone call attempts and emails.
how long does it take to get a battery from Wigan to Surrey?
Time to call Barclaycard and retrieve my £600. Something I’ve never had to do before.

I’ll order from Powerbikes in Scotland. Other half ordered a battery from them recently and customer service was outstanding.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
If Hermes have received the item then how is it winstanleys fault about their slow service ?

LowStandards

Sep 21, 2020
Uk
If Hermes have had it for 11 days it is no doubt lost.

Your contract is with Winstanleys bike, not Hermes, so yes, it is there problem to resolve for you.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
If Hermes have received the item then how is it winstanleys fault about their slow service ?

Hermes advise recipients to contact the supplier only. And they advise you do this if they have had your parcel for over 7 days. The supplier must then contact Hermes on your behalf

To be fair, Winstanley have responded to my 2nd email and they have been quite good about it giving me several options.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles