Levo SL Gen 1 will the sl one day get a power upgrade

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Possibly. It may be a matter of not turning the nylon cogs into peanut butter mush. Too much heat, torque, power can cause it.
It could be possible to use a composite material which would be stronger... but also louder. Or steal Cogs if you wanted to be heard from half a mile away.

nobbyq

Feb 17, 2019
jersey
am sure they have more possible power output but hold some back for reasons you mention or to later upgrade etc

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
If you want more power, buy a Levo rather than an SL.

The SL’s selling point for me is that it has 100% additional power on top of me, rather than the 400% some bikes offer.
I ride at 30/80 in Eco and find that’s more than enough to help me up the tough climbs my clockwork bike struggled with.

There are LOADS of bikes out there with more power than 35Nm.

I for one don’t want a power upgrade to the SL, and you’ll probably find a lot of owners feel that way too.

SL-ED

Jun 14, 2020
Bay Area
If you want more power, buy a Levo rather than an SL.

The SL’s selling point for me is that it has 100% additional power on top of me, rather than the 400% some bikes offer.
I ride at 30/80 in Eco and find that’s more than enough to help me up the tough climbs my clockwork bike struggled with.

There are LOADS of bikes out there with more power than 35Nm.

I for one don’t want a power upgrade to the SL, and you’ll probably find a lot of owners feel that way too.

Whats wrong with wanting more power on a light weight SL. If he want the heavy Levo I'm sure he would have bought it..

I for one would love to have more power to somewhat keep up with the full size motor ebikes on the climbs without having to toss around all that weight..

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
Whats wrong with wanting more power on a light weight SL.
Agreed.

I'm not too bothered about more power for my SL, but neither would I object if it could be delivered via firmware.

It's not as if there's a definitive "this much and no more is the right amount" about it, and if a given rider didn't want to use the extra 10nm or whatever, Specialized makes it easy enough to accommodate that preference.

To answer the OP's question: nobody here is likely to know, and anyone who does know won't be allowed to tell us.

nobbyq

Feb 17, 2019
jersey
I've got a levo thanks ,and i didn't say i was unhappy with the sl ,i think most riders would love an ebike the size and weight of the sl with more grunt , and i bet you the next levo is smaller and lighter !

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
my view. I am overweight so I bought a Levo. However most of the time I am in Eco or a 40/80 trail. So I got to thinking that maybe a SL would have been better. Then 2 weeks ago I went to Tahoe and rode the Flume trail. It is not bad other than the first 4 miles are uphill. First 3 are ok, no big deal, but the last mile I ended up in turbo and when I hit the top I was huffing and puffing. That told me the Levo was correct for most of the time.... In an ideal world I would want both bikes...... I am just not rich enough for that.....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles