Whyte - Bosch Connect GPS module incompatibility.

Tower

Aug 21, 2022
United Kingdom
Quick warning guys. If like me you were hoping to install the Bosch Smart System Connect Module (Bosch's dedicated GPS tracker that links to the Bosch Flow app) then you'll be disappointed to hear it doesn’t fit. Sadly Whyte have not accommodated for the dimensions of the Connect Module when designing the motor housing. To be fair to Whyte Trek bikes are also affected by the same issue but Trek have confirmed they are redesigning their motor housing so their customers can install the unit. I've spoken to Whyte customer services and am awaiting a response which I'll update here.

Tower

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Thanks for the info.
I currently use a Tractive tracker which costs less to buy and a bout the same in terms of subscription with the only primary difference being that it is battery powered so has to be removed occasionally for charging. I did look at the Connect Module as a possible alternative when my current Tractive subscription expires but to be honest what puts me off is the necessity to implement the bike lock facility. I am not prepared to risk my bike being bricked simply because it depends on the Flow app and my phone. I would much prefer a user configurable lock implemented using a sequence of button presses on the LED Remote.

Tower

Aug 21, 2022
United Kingdom
Thanks for the info.
I currently use a Tractive tracker which costs less to buy and a bout the same in terms of subscription with the only primary difference being that it is battery powered so has to be removed occasionally for charging. I did look at the Connect Module as a possible alternative when my current Tractive subscription expires but to be honest what puts me off is the necessity to implement the bike lock facility. I am not prepared to risk my bike being bricked simply because it depends on the Flow app and my phone. I would much prefer a user configurable lock implemented using a sequence of button presses on the LED Remote.
Is that an option Mike? The button sequence on the LED remote that is.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Is that an option Mike? The button sequence on the LED remote that is.
sorry to mislead..........no its just my idea of what could have been done instead of a blutooth lock/unlock via the phone. There needs to be a fall back in case the phone is lost or damaged, so maybe my idea could be the fallback.

Anyone from Bosch on this forum???

jezzapewpew

Nov 17, 2023
canada
Notice for Powerfly FS 9 Equipped Gen 3 Owners with Bosch Performance Line CX

If you're planning to install the Bosch Smart System Connect Module on a Powerfly FS 9 Equipped Gen 3 (Bosch Performance Line CX), be aware of a fit issue with the bike’s shielding:

• Installation Issue: The Bosch GPS module itself fits well in the motor housing. However, after installation, the standard bike shielding does not fit back on due to space constraints caused by the added module.
  • Current Status: Seeking a solution or workaround for the shielding fit problem. May require a custom cover or modification.
  • Advice: If intending to install this module, consider this fit issue. Check for any updates or solutions from Trek or third-party providers.
Updates will be shared if a solution is found.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles