Other Why no specialized at EWS-E event?

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
After watching a recap of the race it occurred to me, why were there no specialized bikes, even though they were sponsors?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I saw at least two Specialized riders.

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
You could be correct about a couple of specialized bikes. But Specialized dominates e mountain bike sales, so why so few racing?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
They don't dominate Enduro though. Far from it.
Who would Specialized even put out there to race this comedy event? Ned Overend?

Grizzy

Mar 10, 2020
TX
I was thinking the same.

specialized is a pretty smart org. Chances are the investment wouldnt impact sales enough to justify it.

Kenevo expert would be a blast at an EWS event. I might even make the cutoffs for stages ?.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Chances are the investment wouldnt impact sales enough to justify it.

Eh? Specialized already ponied up investment money to sponsor the event.
I honestly can't think of a single European based specialized sponsored rider who'd want to do the E-EWS, nevermind do well.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Eh? Specialized already ponied up investment money to sponsor the event.
I honestly can't think of a single European based specialized sponsored rider who'd want to do the E-EWS, nevermind do well.

I don't even think there's a factory EWS team from Specialized, is there? Just an informal group of young guns.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Curtis Keene and Cody Kelly are both still with Spesh as far as I know.
hence my comment about Euro based riders (US riders probably aren't likely to go to Europe right now to race EWS)
Ropellato would also probably do pretty well at Enduro - don't know if he's even interested though

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thing is Specilized di the clever thing, and have their branding prominent, because to most people or the casual observer you have no idea or can tell what bikes are being ridden. Their current involvement gives more brand coverage than any team in what is at the end of the day a niche event.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Matt Lombardi was on a Spesh, not sure why it doesn't show up. Shows the level of competition, he finished bottom third and was by far the quickest rider I have ever ridden with..Maybe if they knew they weren't going to dominate the event not to have the brand listed with the rider.

They moved the start date and venue for Italy and we couldn't make it sadly. Gutted. Here's hoping next year isn't so cray cray..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles