Fuel EXe Who's running a coil?

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Hey all,

Love my Fuel EXe so far, but wanting to see if I can get away with a coil on the rear. Most of my riding is on natural trails, with over head high drops, steep and tech, some jumps, and some v.fast and loose rock chutes. As a particularly short rider, I'm running my rear shock at 205x57.5mm, so that I could keep the 29" rear wheel (still get the odd 'love tap' now and then mind!). I've had no issue with the Float X, which is Performance Elite spec, but do like a coil shock and so have sent my Bomber CR off for a full service, tune, and stroke reduction. Oh, and it's getting the larger bottom out bumper from a DHX fitted too. I'll start off on a Sprindex adjustable rate spring, around 365-370lbs, but have super-light 375lb and 400lb springs at the ready, once I decide where I'm going to settle.

Just in case, I've got a bearing set and some custom spacers at the ready, so that I can free up the initial stroke on the Float X, if the Bomber CR can't hack the 16% progression rate of the bike. Just curious as to how many others have gone coil on the bike and, if so, what and how you're finding it...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles