Whinlatter..6.11.21

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Should it be possible to actually get there due to flooding 🤔
I've yet to visit on an ebike ..so need to put that right ..tis the time of year for trail centres as the moors are totally sodden ..
Anyone care to join me ?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I had booked an appointment in Manchester about an hour before you posted, you bar steward! So I'm out too unfortunately...

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Yeah ..just don't do Sundays..( not for any other reason than the one you've mentioned 😁) ..
Hope you get there though ..its a great ride on an mtb ..so I'm really looking forward to it on an ebike ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
...Err..well I don't normally do Sundays except when I see the words " Gale Force Winds" mentioned on the weather forecast for the area that I'm going to ride in ..especially as this trail centre is on a mountainside...
As tomorrow's forecast looks a whole lot better and I'm Billy-no-mates again this week ..tomorrow it will be ..😁

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
...Err..well I don't normally do Sundays except when I see the words " Gale Force Winds" mentioned on the weather forecast for the area that I'm going to ride in ..especially as this trail centre is on a mountainside...
As tomorrow's forecast looks a whole lot better and I'm Billy-no-mates again this week ..tomorrow it will be ..😁

You seen the forecast for Sunday ?🌬🌬🌬nang on to yer helmet 😳

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Screenshot_20211106-073607_Met Office.jpg

That's a whole lot better than today though..also being the masochist that I am it means I can watch the Toon drop another 3pts against Brighton ..

Last edited:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
View attachment 75266
That's a whole lot better than today though..also being the masochist that I am it means I can watch the Toon drop another 3pts against Brighton ..

Apparently the trails often get closed in bad weather too so maybe it’s best to save yourself a disappointing trip and just ride locally this weekend

it’s blowing a hoolie here right now

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Me too, I like Whinlatter, easier to get to for me also.

We'll also have to plan a Kirroughtree visit. Plenty of places to stay around there...

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
From here ..Kirroughtree is a there and back in a day ..
If you want suggestions for a mini break though Arran is superb ..
I've also done that as a there and back in a day !! Leaving home at 4.30am..picking my mate ( Dave Tasker) up at Hexham
First ferry over from Ardrossan to Brodick ..last ferry back ..with the criteria that I was aiming to be home before midnight ..we did the Arran MTB Club's classic route ..got home with 10mins to spare!
Those were the days 😁
We have also spent three days as a group on the island ..there are some great routes ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Just to give some closure on this particular thread ..I finally got there on me tod yesterday (19.11.21)..
It was awesome ..twice around the North loop ..one & a half around the South..write up & pics in " Pic of the Day " section ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles