Levo Gen 2 Which wheelset, Hunt or DT Swiss?

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
They source there carbon rims from Asia like 99% of wheel builders, then they build the wheels based on which hub and Spokes you want. Lifetime guarantee which also allows you to sell and transfer the guarantee to the new owner.
I've got to be honest, I've never really trusted Sixth-Element. They just seem like a marketing exercise - I know all companies do this - but when I go to Sixth-Element all I can do is select wheelsets - I can't buy rims - and I can't really get much detail on rim specification (though I have just found several clicks in the internal rim width).

Sixt-Element seem like they are setup to sell a wheelset at a price to a first-time upgrader - that might be unfair but that how it feels to me.

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
I've got to be honest, I've never really trusted Sixth-Element. They just seem like a marketing exercise - I know all companies do this - but when I go to Sixth-Element all I can do is select wheelsets - I can't buy rims - and I can't really get much detail on rim specification (though I have just found several clicks in the internal rim width).

Sixt-Element seem like they are setup to sell a wheelset at a price to a first-time upgrader - that might be unfair but that how it feels to me.
Dependent on the hub and spokes selected you can spend over £2000 a set, i dont see that as a first time upgraders wheel set, i purchased mine 7 weeks ago and not only were all the wheelset full dimension specs available for each type i.e Internal widths/external widths, spoke count can be changed dependent on your use, spoke type again dependent on budget and use but i was able to call and get specifics like carbon thickness surrounding the spokes as it differs from wheel choice i.e Enduro, E-bike specific etc.
For me if investing nearly 2k on a set of wheels im looking for piece of mind if it ever fails and life time is good enough for me plus a hub and spoke set up built to last and take serious abuse, the decals are kinda nice too.

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Rugeley, England United Kingdom
Not sixth element or carbon Nexties, but I'm really pleased with these 👍
IMG20230314100207.jpg

IMG20230314100231.jpg

IMG20230314100418.jpg

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Rugeley, England United Kingdom
Lovely mate 👌
Cheers, big upgrade on the stock wheels (which tbf aren't that terrible) and I've always loved Hope hubs. Hand built, ebike specific rims and ebike specific rear hub for £595.
For my riding, as much as I love Sixth Element or Nexties, couldn't justify a bigger spend. Looking forward to fitting them and getting out.
Missed my swarm of angry bees 😁

Stoneilove

Jan 27, 2023
England
Cheers, big upgrade on the stock wheels (which tbf aren't that terrible) and I've always loved Hope hubs. Hand built, ebike specific rims and ebike specific rear hub for £595.
For my riding, as much as I love Sixth Element or Nexties, couldn't justify a bigger spend. Looking forward to fitting them and getting out.
Missed my swarm of angry bees 😁
Defiently a nice upgrade, I'm big fan of Hope 👌

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
Anyone any experience with these wheels or the supplier?

Im very tempted.

I don’t actually need them but you know how it is.

" I don’t actually need them but you know how it is. "
Me too, but thanks to you I just spent some money :ROFLMAO:
I didn't know this site, THANKS for the link, I had a couple of these, very sturdy! (y)

d.jpg

f.jpg

ChillyWilly

Feb 4, 2021
Netherlands
" I don’t actually need them but you know how it is. "
Me too, but thanks to you I just spent some money :ROFLMAO:
I didn't know this site, THANKS for the link, I had a couple of these, very sturdy! (y)

View attachment 109700

View attachment 109701
+1 for fitwheels.eu I ordered the wrong front hub, and They relaced it with the correct hub free of charge (excl. shipping).

Whole experience, from communication to shipping and the wheels themselves are awesome.

On request I even got the gold FR 541 stickers included. Maybe you can get them separately for your bike.

zorro77

Apr 13, 2021
Italy
I had asked for them in gold and they sent them to me, but it's not real gold, it's brown, so I prefer to keep the red ones at least for now

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
I have run the same set of Hope Fotus 35/Pro 4 wheels on now 4 bikes over the last 3 years and they are fantastic. Replaced the DT Swiss wheelset on my last eMtb with the Hope wheels.

Chain reaction has the fortus with the Pro 5 hubs for L310.00 (L for British Pound sorry dont have that symbol on my keyboard lol)

Anyway they are a solid wheel in the same price range as you are looking at and they are very easy to service and reconfigure. Figured you folks in the UK would be partial to Hope stuff.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles