Hi all
In need of some help
I need to replace the wheels on my orbea rise m10
Any suggestions
Thinking of hope ,but only because I've used them in the past

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Hope wheels serviceable but heavy! Their fortus range same weight as OEM wheels, if not heavier. I rebuilt my M20 rims, the AR30 isn’t a bad rim & ok weight with new spokes & hubs. Hunt wheels seem popular not bad weight& good value. Hand built wheels are best but not cheap. Someone like Ryan builds wheels is worth chatting to if U.K. based. Some European companies that offer wheel builds via eBay. I would recommend having your rear wheel re built new hub & spokes on rim unless rim damaged, Spank hex hub, DT Swiss 350 or Hope Pro5 hub
Or if CRC still have nukeproof Horizon V2 wheels they are v good 👍🏼

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
what came on your m10? mine has crossmax XLS wheels, very light and actually really impressive for 24 spokes. I turned the rear one into an egg and waiting for new rim to replace it. If I was to replace the wheelset it would be for dtswiss 350 hubs with ex511 rims, bombproof wheels with no fluff.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Hope rims here
Fortus 30s the reinforced ones not the light ones
Solid wheel and easy to service hub not that ive touched it in the last 2k
Also run Dt swiss hybrid wheels also a very good wheel (y)

John_A

Sep 26, 2022
UK
Shameless plug

Seriously great wheels, got some on my rise and my other bike too. The hybrid hubs are bomb proof. `They are the 240 hubs as well, top of the line, better than the 350s which are fantastic hubs as well

Borbea

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
Orbea sells the Raceface Next SL 759€ on their page. Just search for wheels on Orbeas home page. 180/160 brake disc included. Vault hub with 120 engagement. 1555 grams. 28 spoke. Tube less tape installed etc.

Very happy with these wheels so far. Driving on quite rough trails with 1 meter jumps/drops. Natural trails with lots of rocks and roots. 95 kg rider. Bike is size large.
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:

psst!!!...

Mar 2, 2022
Portugal
Tried dtswis carbon pon analogue bike - great wheels, cant go wrong; but for heavy dutty, more weight, bigger drops, i bought mavic edeemax for both my LEVo and for the Reign E+.
Really like the edeemax. Feeling and peace of mind ($)

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Rugeley, England United Kingdom
Hi all
In need of some help
Any suggestions
Thinking of hope ,but only because I've used them in the past
Recently upgraded my stock Marin wheelset on the E2 with DT Swiss HX531 fr HX581 rr hybrid hoops (designed for e-bikes) on Hope pro 5 hubs, rear hub e- bike specific also. Really chuffed, just roll so well. Hand built for 600 quid. Superb.

Also my wheel builder told me not to go with the Fortus 35 on the rear of an ebike (Fortus 30 is fine) as the 35 isn't very robust. I originally wanted Hope hoops and hubs, but he told me DT Swiss hoops, Pro 5 hubs was the way to go.

Last edited:

Pezzar

Apr 6, 2022
Rugeley, England United Kingdom
Well got to say 5 rides in on the DT Swiss and Pro 5 combo - now with Assegai/Minion DHRII and Rimpact inserts front and rear...the bike flies, just seems to roll for ever and very strong wheels, fully recommended.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles