Which spring coil do i need for a 2019 kenevo comp?

Girdermonkey

Jul 13, 2019
Hereford
Good evening all
I've just bought myself a 2019 kenevo comp and need a coil spring to suit my weight.
I'm 111kg
The shock is a fox van rc

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Cheers
Chris

Brendog78

Jun 12, 2019
Australia
I just picked up a 2019 Kenevo Expert, at 110kg the shop recommended a 650lbs spring. They had a cane creek vault spring (ohlins dont go that heavy) they fitted it up and was spot on. I have ridden the bike and it feels mint.

Adam

Nov 20, 2018
Plymouth, UK
Hi Brendog.
Have you measured your sag? How much do you get with the 650lb spring?

Only ask as the Ti springs calculator recommends a spring around 816/820lbs
Specialized Kenevo E-Bike Springs

Still an off chance I may end up getting a Kenevo and I'm not that much from your weight. Was originally thinking that I might of ended up needing a custom spring. They aren't cheap, that's for sure.

Girdermonkey

Jul 13, 2019
Hereford
Hi Brendog.
Have you measured your sag? How much do you get with the 650lb spring?

Only ask as the Ti springs calculator recommends a spring around 816/820lbs
Specialized Kenevo E-Bike Springs

Still an off chance I may end up getting a Kenevo and I'm not that much from your weight. Was originally thinking that I might of ended up needing a custom spring. They aren't cheap, that's for sure.

Ti springs quoted me £150 for the spring +postage also takes a few weeks to come.

I've looked on sicomtbproducts.com and they do a spring for the kenevo for £104 delivered but I'm waiting for a reply to see if they fit the fox van rc shock

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I’m around 78kg kitted up and I have a 550ish spring on my Öhlins. A tiny bit on the harder side but way better performer than the stock spring.
Never felt it bottom out since, regardless of how hard I hit it and feels like it slingshots out of landings.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles