• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Which HR Monitor ?

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Just about to buy the BLEvo app for use on a 2018 Levo (new 2019 Expert on order). After just watching EMBN fat burning and one of Tori’s videos, I want to use a HR monitor in conjunction with BLEvo and bike to maximise weight loss.

Can anyone recommend a good HR Monitor please? I assume the chest strap ones are more accurate?

I use iPhone X but I’m NOT interested in buying the Apple Watch.

I used to have a Wahoo HR monitor about 6 years back but the battery compartments kept breaking or they’d just stop working :cry:

Thanks

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Work out whether you need bluetooth smart or ANT+ just buy one off Ebay for about £15. they're a fairly simple piece of kit and out of the 7 or more I've owned over the years they've all been absolutely fine. (from Polar/Garmin/Tomtom to Aldi and no name Ebay brands)

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
The scosche rhythm+ is as far as I am aware, the most accurate one: even more accurate than a chest strap.

Thanks just had a quick look at the Scosche rhythm+
This one would seem to attach to the forearm. Which might or might not be an issue if wearing an elbow pad. Think I'll stick to a chest one. (y)

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Work out whether you need bluetooth smart or ANT+ just buy one off Ebay for about £15. they're a fairly simple piece of kit and out of the 7 or more I've owned over the years they've all been absolutely fine. (from Polar/Garmin/Tomtom to Aldi and no name Ebay brands)

Thanks for the info Gary, was never quite sure if the cheapies were any good but i'll take your advice. A quick search would suggest bluetooth smart for the iphones so I'll have a look on eBay. (y)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
it's a digital signal. it's either going to send or it isn't. so long as the belt fits and the contacts are contacting your chest there's very little to go wrong.

I'm not sure how the expensive strap Ross linked to is claiming to be more accurate. HR isn't a very accurate way of showing calorific work load in the first place. But fine as a rough gauge..

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
it's a digital signal. it's either going to send or it isn't. so long as the belt fits and the contacts are contacting your chest there's very little to go wrong.

I'm not sure how the expensive strap Ross linked to is claiming to be more accurate. HR isn't a very accurate way of showing calorific work load in the first place. But fine as a rough gauge..

The accuracy is based on DC Rainmaker’s site. The review:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/05/scosche-antbluetooth-optical.html

I reiterate: as far as I am aware of, this is still the most accurate.

As far as chest straps go, Garmin are a bit pricey, but they are pretty good.

Another site for exercise gadgets:
the5krunner

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Can you choose an Ebike and Ebike rider on Zwift?

That would be awesome. I'd choose a 250lb guy with a builders arse crack showing above his baggys and a massive backpack riding a Kenevo...
Can you imagine all the (not even) roadies crying in their spare rooms all over the world?

:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dax

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles