• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Where to get oil for Zeb travel change

RiseCm10

Apr 21, 2023
Crowthorne
Hey guys.

Want to change the travel on my zeb and the manual says I need maxima plush dynamic light and heavy.

Really hard to find online and is big money when I only need 2-3ml!

Anyone know where I can get this Local to Bracknell or a shop that can just do it for me? It’ll be cheaper at this rate!

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Im just going to the automotive store to get some synthetic 0W30 to do a lower service on my yari. If your zeb uses rock shox ow30 for lower service the same as a yari/lyric, ive been told to just by automotive synthetic ow30. Its just for lubrication. It does go thru any ports for damping

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Hey guys.

Want to change the travel on my zeb and the manual says I need maxima plush dynamic light and heavy.

Really hard to find online and is big money when I only need 2-3ml!

Anyone know where I can get this Local to Bracknell or a shop that can just do it for me? It’ll be cheaper at this rate!

Go ahead and get a bottle of it. It sounds like you do your own maintenance. Use 3 ml now, and you'll have a big bottle next time you service your forks, shocks, or seatposts.

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
Researching the oil on the motorex website I discovered that it is a slideway oil designed to meet the ISO 68K Slideway oil std.
I then found that I could get Shell, Mobil or Castro’s slideway oil to the same spec in 1L bottles from lubefinder. Of the three the Shell Tonna looked to have the greatest load/wear resistance rating.
It's the oil used in the DH38.

Hopefully you can save yourself a fortune with this and get a high performance product:

I have been using it for 3 year in Lyriks, Zeb and Boxxer with no problems (both legs). Not suitable for the damper leg on Fox because that needs to be compatible with their damper (gets ingested).

Other interesting links:

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles