Where is Everyone going??

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
So we will be soon coming out of lockdown and we shall be free-ish to roam once again. I'm sure many of you like me have been watching loads of youtube vids on bike parks, trails and such like just dreaming of the day to get out and ride some decent stuff. I know some are very fortunate to live near/amongst some amazing trails, for me the Lincolnshire wolds have been well and truely exhausted, nice but defo no challenge's of any sort. My 1st trip i'm off to the Lakes hiking, i miss those mountains :( and then going via Hamsterly forest on the way back, I can't wait!! what about you, what/where are you looking forward too???

KeithO

Apr 9, 2020
England
Starting with a good ride at Swinley at the end of April to blow the cobwebs off and then we are hoping for BPW or Coed Y Brenin mid year ?

Im sure we will venture out to other places this year but the above are 100% ?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
So we will be soon coming out of lockdown and we shall be free-ish to roam once again. …what about you, what/where are you looking forward too???
Gonna stop riding in very small circles.?

The Mountian here seems busier than ever in the past year. I think people are not congregating in groups but the outdoors give them a chance to explore within their bubble while still maintaining some distance. This seems to be a small one day holiday with family. I expect things to slow down once everyone can travel again.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Lakes for sure Whinlatter , Grizedale ,Hawkshead , Skiddaw, Borrowdale Bash etc...all over summer / Autumn .
If possible a trip up to the Highlands with friends on an MTB trip..but nothing planned yet ..Tweed Valley ..Some NYMoors & Dales riding + the excellent riding on my doorstep in Northumberland & Durham counties .. in short ..all of the places I've previously ridden on my mtb ..that I now want to revisit on my emtb ..cant wait ! ?

Last edited:

alan_sh

Aug 3, 2020
Rochdale
Peak district for me. I'm lucky in that I have a trail starting 100 yards from my house - but it gets boring after a few months.

Had a nice 11 mile quick trail ride today. We even found sunshine.
IMG_20210317_160154_1920_1080.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Had a long weekend planned around Easter to go and see a mate who rides on Dartmoor - cancelled due to Covid grrr

Had another long eebing weekend planned glamping on the shores of Ullswater - cancelled due to Covid grrr

Long weekend in the Cairngorms still on, yay

Other than that, Dalby, Hamsterley, NY Moors, Yorkshire Dales, Nidderdale, can’t wait

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
FoD, but that's my local so doesn't count.

Wales, at least one away weekend per month.

Scotland, 3 or 4 day trip, just need to work out when the trails are driest and the midges at their lowest.

The gym. Then the pub. Then back to the gym again.
This. Not this. This again.

And Cyprus in late June, although that's a working break.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Midge season ..usually but not exclusively mid to end of May until start to mid October ..
If you can source it ..Ballistol Stichfrei is the best repellent available ( knocks spots off Smidge ) ..and works well against ticks too..it also acts well as a balm if you happen to be bitten or stung ..as well as having a sunscreen within the formula ..its made in Germany .
Ballistol Stichfrei spray 100ml https://g.co/kgs/ZX8DK7

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
Gonna stop riding in very small circles.?

The Mountian here seems busier than ever in the past year. I think people are not congregating in groups but the outdoors give them a chance to explore within their bubble while still maintaining some distance. This seems to be a small one day holiday with family. I expect things to slow down once everyone can travel again.

The Wold's have also been incredibly busy, i'm on the bike for 7am and normally dont see a sole, now people are everywhere. Thats a good thing in one respect but some of the bridle ways are just mud tracks due to all the foot fall.

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Moved late last year, so currently exploring the local stuff I can ride from the door. Within a 5 mile radius of home there's about 6square miles of woodland, plus tons of other tracks so it's not a chore ;) Up to 260m of elevation too so am happy with that. Once we're free, will be eying up the Purbecks and the Quantocks. Then have a trip to Argyll in June to see a mate, will certainly visit some man made stuff on the road trip.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
This summer we have booked a place in Shropshire for 2 weeks near a place called Shelve. We should have 2 batteries each so looking forward to some long rides. Anyone been there? What’s it like? Any suggestions in the Shropshire area?

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Great thread!

Planning to do lots more at surrey hills. FoD and south wales weekenders too. maybe a late autumn trip abroad....

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Sorry I might sound a bit grumpy and selfish (my wife would concur )
Perversely, I have really enjoyed lock down and having my little corner of paradise almost to myself.
Not looking forward to having to share the North Yorkshire moors and forests with the masses again. :(

Please don't come, the people are really unfriendly and the trails are mingin... :p
???

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Assuming the next stage of easing the Lockdown stays on March 29th the next question is how will various counties/police forces view non local travel? The Gov.uk site says we can visit friends and family outside which infers ( at least for me) a need to travel to achieve that, but it has not been specific about how travel beyond the local area would be treated. I live in a county popular with visitors but the Local Authority and Police are still advising people not to come here at Easter.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles