What's the best spec FS bike for under £3500?

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
I have seen :-
canyon spectral for £3080, 500 bat with fox forks/shock and a dropper post.
A Fuji black hill for £2560, 500 bat and shit spec with no dropper.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Halfords worth a look?

AE22E4F6-E864-42EF-AB17-773AA1900F51.png

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Commencal META POWER 29 RACE 2019 - currently £3,583.72
COMMENCAL 2019 | META POWER 29 RACE 2019

I don't think you'd get close to that spec for that money!
Looks like it comes with decent enough pedals too.
That is by far and away the best deal on any EMTB at the moment in terms of bang for your buck, top bike with top components, crazy value.

You can also get this slightly lesser spec for £3240, which again is an absolute steal

COMMENCAL 2019 | META POWER 29 ESSENTIAL FOX 2019

Screenshot 2019-12-30 at 22.44.55.png

KRolo

Dec 1, 2018
fullsail25
What's currently the best spec 150mm minimum travel full sus ebike for under £3500?

In our area there are probably over a dozen purchases of the Motobecane. Great components and motor at $3499 (2644 pounds). I have a Focus Jam2 but the Motobecane has better components and a bigger battery. Everyone really likes this bike. Mountain biking is huge here and people coming from all over the world stop here when mt biking in the Pacific Northwest, US.

2020 Motobecane HAL eBoost PRO
with Shimano XT / E8000 Electric MidDrive
27.5PLUS Full Suspe nsion Electric Mountain eBikes
Shimano XT Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Rockshox PIKE 150mm Forks

Intermtb

Jan 5, 2020
USA
In our area there are probably over a dozen purchases of the Motobecane. Great components and motor at $3499 (2644 pounds). I have a Focus Jam2 but the Motobecane has better components and a bigger battery. Everyone really likes this bike. Mountain biking is huge here and people coming from all over the world stop here when mt biking in the Pacific Northwest, US.

2020 Motobecane HAL eBoost PRO
with Shimano XT / E8000 Electric MidDrive
27.5PLUS Full Suspe nsion Electric Mountain eBikes
Shimano XT Hydraulic Disc Brakes
Rockshox PIKE 150mm Forks

I do not see many review for this motobecane bike. do you have one?
I have been looking at this bike too, but geometry on bikesdirect.com showing 68deg for HT, that is too XC. and also bikesdirect website looks so old school, never have experience with that seller, are they good seller?
Actually I was more into motobecane hal e27plus, for under $2500, 418wh batt, E7000 motor, has HT 65.6 deg, much slacker than 68 deg. I'd be happy if 418wh batt can give me 20-25 miles of riding, I can purchase spare batt ($490 for 418wh batt) for longer ride, plus I already have nice component on my evil following which I can swap to this such as pike fork, xtr brakes, carbon wheels with DT240 (just need boost adapter), box 9 drivetrain. Also have zee brakes on other bike.

KRolo

Dec 1, 2018
fullsail25
I have been looking at this bike too, but geometry on bikesdirect.com showing 68deg for HT, that is too XC. and also bikesdirect website looks so old school, never have experience with that seller, are they good seller?
Actually I was more into motobecane hal e27plus, for under $2500, 418wh batt, E7000 motor, has HT 65.6 deg, much slacker than 68 deg. I'd be happy if 418wh batt can give me 20-25 miles of riding, I can purchase spare batt ($490 for 418wh batt) for longer ride, plus I already have nice component on my evil following which I can swap to this such as pike fork, xtr brakes, carbon wheels with DT240 (just need boost adapter), box 9 drivetrain. Also have zee brakes on other bike.

No I don't have one but lots people here have bought them. One really experienced rider had already owned a Levo and switched to this bike. This has been over a year and they are still pleased with the Motobecanes. Another person I know switched from her Hai ebike to the Motobecane and loves it. As far as I know Bikes Direct has been a good company to order from. I found a Focus Jam2 at a really good price and I like it a lot but for the cost the Motobecane seems the best bike. My bike also has the Shimano motor and steps system which is great. Another guy I know has the Motobecane and replaced the cranks with shorter ones due to pedal strikes. Also, his didn't come with a dropper seat. I heard the newer models come with a dropper seat post but I'm not totally sure about that. We are lucky here as the class I emtbs are allowed on our trails. Good luck.

KRolo

Dec 1, 2018
fullsail25

I found this review which is quite good. I have the Shimano motor and only 378W battery on my Focus and can ride about 2 hrs of single track with lots of climbing on echo mode (occasionally jumping up to trail mode on steeper climbs) and never use more than half the battery. The Hal has a 500W battery. The guy also talks about Bikes Directs reliability.

Type in the below line in YouTube:
Motobecane Hal eBoost pro with Shimano STEPS e8000 in Bentonville Arkansas

AgileMike

Sep 11, 2019
Idaho
Slightly higher than your $3500, but I would definitely check out the Luna X1.

X1 Enduro EBIKE

We now have over 100 miles of hard riding on our X1's. Aside for a couple of loose connectors, we could not be happier. I feel it looks much better than the HAL eBoost Pro and probably performs better too. I do not recommend paying the extra $300 for the Ludicrous mode unless you plan on riding the bike at high speed on the street. The standard 750 watt motor is fine for mountain bike riding.

Also, I have purchased multiple bikes from ebikesdirect.com (the website that sells the HAL), and I have not had any problems with them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles