What Towbar Bike Rack are people using in the UK?

jono878

Sep 17, 2022
bath
I have a Thule bike rack rack using to 2 clamps to hold the Trek Rail which is not really up to the job & need a new one.

So what are people using in the Uk for there Trek Rail?

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Thule XT2 Easyfold with the addition of a Fiamma Bike Block Pro (the adjustable one pictured) as I don't entirely trust the Thule clamp style on it's own (though never had an issue with it) I just like the fact the Fiamma completely loops around the frame. Connection fits the Thule rack perfectly. 11hr run to the Alps at French motorway speeds with zero issues.

51uGn+QJXDL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Anyone got one of these ? Buzzrack E-Hornet
Looks a good shout, but will you be carrying two e bikes?
Even though the rack can take the weight, will the weight exceed your towbar nose weight.
Two e bikes at 25 kg each plus the 16 kg rack is 66 kg. The nose weight for my towbar is 56 kg, so I bought the single bike carrying scorpion 1.

jono878

Sep 17, 2022
bath
Thule XT2 Easyfold with the addition of a Fiamma Bike Block Pro (the adjustable one pictured) as I don't entirely trust the Thule clamp style on it's own (though never had an issue with it) I just like the fact the Fiamma completely loops around the frame. Connection fits the Thule rack perfectly. 11hr run to the Alps at French motorway speeds with zero issues.

View attachment 100856
Not cheap those bike racks! hmm would that clamp help with clamping most bikes ? The thule clamps seem to a bit low down on the Easyfold.

Last edited:

jono878

Sep 17, 2022
bath
Looks a good shout, but will you be carrying two e bikes?
Even though the rack can take the weight, will the weight exceed your towbar nose weight.
Two e bikes at 25 kg each plus the 16 kg rack is 66 kg. The nose weight for my towbar is 56 kg, so I bought the single bike carrying scorpion 1.
I maybe in the future but if a mate wants to joins me with a normal bike, ill need a 2 bike rack. I will be taking into account of the nose weight.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles