What to do with the old damper?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have a 150mm travel 2019 Revelation RC fork (the 35mm stanchion Rev) with Rebound knob and an LSC dial. It has the Motion Control Damper. I will be replacing it soon with the Charger 2.1damper.

Can the old damper be used in any 35mm Rockshox fork, or just 35mm Revelations? Does anyone know for sure? :)

Also, I'm pretty sure that the damper is not travel specific, up to 160mm max. Can anyone confirm that? :)

The bike it is on has covered 1570 miles and the fork had a full service by Sram at 1085 miles, so it's in good nick. Seems a shame to bin it.

I have looked in the Rockshox Spare Parts Catalogue and found nothing to give me the answer.

A couple of years ago I did something similar with a 140mm Fox 32 fork and I was told that the damper would fit ANY Fox 32 fork of ANY age, as long as it had 140mm travel. I put it on eBay and it went within 18 hours!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
In search of an answer I rang TF Tuned. They said to only recommend it for other Revelations "to be safe". They were less than convincing, so I rang to the Sram Technical Centre. Once they had understood what I was asking they were very clear indeed. The 35 mm stanchion Revelation Motion Control damper can only be fitted to another 35 mm stanchion Revelation.

It is not what I wanted to hear, but at least it was very clear and concise! :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles