What % of assist is everyone using?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I can work with metric but naturally estimate using imperial ( shows my age)...then again I can relate better to the length of my arm, the length of stride, the amount of beer in a pint glass,
better than some anonymous lump of metal in a Paris museum somewhere.
........and they had the nerve to use a word with the same pronunciation as a word that already exists in English but which means something completely different.
But now I have probably totally confused the American members here, who as usual decided on their own version of English ( or in this case French) by spelling the base unit of metric measure as METER!

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
How did we get here?!

Yeh, flew into Moscow Domodedovo quite regularly. They speak English (very well). They speak Russian between themselves.

Russia and China are the two main countries which use Metres as a unit for height/altitude. We had a table on our charts to convert their clearances to Feet. They also land give regional pressure settings with reference to the airport rather than the area itself (QFE over QNH) but were fine if we asked for QNH.

Main problem was the complexity of the arrival procedures and the number of frequency changes heading in there, then the runway is rough as hell and it's an aircraft graveyard around the airport..

Anyway, I digress from Assistance Levels...

Yes, it was merely a vague lamens explanation which I use to understand the magic that's inside the Brose motor :)

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Yes and it is always a useful discussion. Not many of us have any real sense of units like watts or nm which is why Specialized use the more basic method of describing motor power as 4.1 times the rider input. That is obviously based on an estimate of the max input an average rider is capable of and also delimited by thr max mechanical power the motor is designed to deliver. The only error in the way you are interpreting the power delivery is that the various mode settings % relate to that total motor power capability. Rider torque, speed and cadence sensors then graduate the effect and it is not linear. As I mentioned, in any given mode it is possible to find the sweet spot where motor assistance is is at its max with least rider input and that gives you an insight into how the algorithm of speed cadence and torque was written.

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
You can still see your feet ? You don't sound like an e-biker ! :D
Believe it or not I can actually see more than my feet too...

My knees ar plenty visible, especially when I bend them a bit ?

But you got a point, I'm still awaiting my levo frame kit...

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
How did we get here?!

Yeh, flew into Moscow Domodedovo quite regularly. They speak English (very well). They speak Russian between themselves.

Russia and China are the two main countries which use Metres as a unit for height/altitude. We had a table on our charts to convert their clearances to Feet. They also land give regional pressure settings with reference to the airport rather than the area itself (QFE over QNH) but were fine if we asked for QNH.

Main problem was the complexity of the arrival procedures and the number of frequency changes heading in there, then the runway is rough as hell and it's an aircraft graveyard around the airport..

Anyway, I digress from Assistance Levels...

Yes, it was merely a vague lamens explanation which I use to understand the magic that's inside the Brose motor :)

Cool Jon, I wasn't sure if you had flown in that region at all. And yes strange turn for the thread haha. Strange, but fun ?

I can deal with QNH but would probably freak out if Approach would have given me QFE on first contact for sure... Been a while since ground school and I'm not a professional like you, rather only a happy private amateur...

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Cool Jon, I wasn't sure if you had flown in that region at all. And yes strange turn for the thread haha. Strange, but fun ?

I can deal with QNH but would probably freak out if Approach would have given me QFE on first contact for sure... Been a while since ground school and I'm not a professional like you, rather only a happy private amateur...

Happy Private Amateur is the best way mate!! Message me if you have any queries but I am very out of touch with GA these days and flying private is far harder than commercially!!

We have a huge push for 'Threat & Error Management' or TEM, i.e. anytime there is anything 'off piste' or we expect different we identify and mitigate it in our briefings. So basicially how we are going to manage that threat. There's also an excellent Aerodrome Briefing supplement which highlights all the TEM items. It's a bit like having a quick brief from someone that's ridden a trail before about what to expect off the norm.

Sorry for the thread creep :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles