What lights are you using ?

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
I'm looking for a front light not for trail use but mainly for early morning cycle track work up to my local cafe I'd like a single unit not seperate battery I know exposer are good but there very expensive? Any suggestions?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I'm looking for a front light not for trail use but mainly for early morning cycle track work up to my local cafe I'd like a single unit not seperate battery I know exposer are good but there very expensive? Any suggestions?

Halfords bike hut 1600 lumens for £50
It also acts as a power bank for your phone. Lasts a long time and seems well built.

A47C653D-A2E3-439A-BFBD-445F7DFFF26A.jpeg

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
I installed a Lezyne ebike light on my commuter and I'm really happy with it. I used a battery powered light previously, and I'm not going back. I'm considering installing a light on my other emtb too.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi I've seen the halfords one and I've got a lezyne gps watch so like them aswell but I've just found planet x doing some not sure?

Chunky

Subscriber
Dec 26, 2019
South England
Hi, I bought an exposure joystick for around £80.
Can't fault it it's great.

Ducatijones

Jan 29, 2019
South Wales
Read @Gary 's review of Halfords 1600 lumens light, plus £5 for a separate handlebar remote control. I bought 1 and cant fault it for the price, I am after a more stable clamp for it if anyone can recommend one.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@Ducatijones if you switch the light over to the supplied gopro mount there are tons of Alu gopro bar mounts, stem mounts and top cap mounts on Ebay for a few quid a piece.
The Halfords helmet mount for the light (also uses gopro coupling) is also pretty good (£5)

Ducatijones

Jan 29, 2019
South Wales
@Ducatijones if you switch the light over to the supplied gopro mount there are tons of Alu gopro bar mounts, stem mounts and top cap mounts on Ebay for a few quid a piece.
The Halfords helmet mount for the light (also uses gopro coupling) is also pretty good (£5)
It does not come with the gopro mount anymore ☹

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Really? So No garmin out front mount anymore either?
That's odd
it's still pictured with it on their website and the helmet mount is still described as being compatible with the light

Ducatijones

Jan 29, 2019
South Wales
Really? So No garmin out front mount anymore either?
That's odd
it's still pictured with it on their website and the helmet mount is still described as being compatible with the light
I know, I thought it might have been missing from the box it came in but someone else mentions it on the last post of your review.

Yorkshire Rich

Aug 1, 2019
westyorkshire
I've just got a lifeline pavo 2000 for the front and an exposure tracer for the back. Like yourself i'm not sure how much i'll be using it during the dark so didn't fancy splashing £300 . I haven't put them on the bike yet but the exposure looks great and the pavo is very bright quite heavy though but was expecting it to be .

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
I’ve got a couple of niterider lights that cost a fortune and a lezyne one that was about £100 but I recently bought one of these: and its better than all of them!!! £25 ?!!!!!

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi all popped into local shop and found a moon meteor storm pro 1700 lumens for £55 bargain rear light to match gona try them sun morning early on my analogue bike of all things lol

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I know, I thought it might have been missing from the box it came in but someone else mentions it on the last post of your review.
Buy the bikehut helmet mount.
It's actually really well designed and pretty solid in use. (if you want to helmet mount the light)
Best of all it's only a fiver and comes with the go pro mount to attach to the light.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
bontrager Ion on a Bell sixer with breakaway mount and Cygolite Hypershot 350 rear use it to commute to work 5 to 6 days a week on my Giant.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles