What is your input on the Strike eRide 930 2021?

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Like most there is none left in my size but i am asking for a 2022?
How is the reliability?
Can we use wider tires?
Is the BB too low?

Last edited:

PaleSkinnySwede

Apr 9, 2021
Sorunda, Sweden
I picked up a Strike 930 Monday last week and I've done about 25km so far. I think it's great and super fun.
I've got the M sized frame and I think height from the ground is alright even though I haven't gone over too many stones since I'm afraid the motor might take a hit. Speaking of the motor, I'm not too disturbed by the sound of it and I think the response is almost too good -- something I'm trying to get used to. When I'm strapped in with my SPD shoes and just give it a light pedalling it accelerates and you just have to be prepared.

I had an issue with the 12th gear over-stepping (?) but that was an easy fix with a screwdriver to just limit the chain from going too far out.

Not sure how wide tires you can fit, but I'm happy with the stock MAXXIS 29" that it came fitted with.

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
I have ebike size L Strike eride 930 and i put Schwalbe Johny watts. But in short time i change them with Smart Sam yellow ones on the sides 29x2,6 with protections, no flat tires in 7000km. I am very pleased and for the future maybe i will change them with Nobby Nic 2,6. It looks like donuts :)))

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I have ebike size L Strike eride 930 and i put Schwalbe Johny watts. But in short time i change them with Smart Sam yellow ones on the sides 29x2,6 with protections, no flat tires in 7000km. I am very pleased and for the future maybe i will change them with Nobby Nic 2,6. It looks like donuts :)))
Yesterday i looked at some Scott Ebikes, does yours have a bomberZ2?
If so do you like it?

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
Yesterday i looked at some Scott Ebikes, does yours have a bomberZ2?
If so do you like it?
Yes, is very good. The initial price of the ebike was 4700 euros and i brought with 3600 euros at the end of the season from Sportokay from Austria. Isn't not cute ?:D

Mike Malanowicz

Feb 8, 2022
Warsaw, Poland
Like most there is none left in my size but i am asking for a 2022?
How is the reliability?
Can we use wider tires?
Is the BB too low?
Hello!! I have one from 2020, but since it is basically unchanged since then I can say a tad more about reliability and how it performs in the longer run. So the most important info is, that for the price the bike is perfect. Really. Very comfy, fast, stable. Of course there are more playful bikes out there, but in every area this bike is at least good or very good. I'd say it is a perfect all-arounder.
Mine has > 3.ooo kms done and nothing broke, the bike is in almost perfect condition and believe me - it has a tough life, because my younger son uses is for light enduro rides. I changed a chain 2 times already and also a rear cassette is new.
Low BB was one of our complaints and it was addressed by changing the fork to 160mm Fox 36 from my eGenius. It helped to rise the front end a bit and BB at the same time. Now I think this is how it should leave the factory, but for flatter trails stock version is also fine. I decided to apply this change because we like to jump from time to time and ride downhill, rough tracks a tad faster and this helps (also reduces pedal strokes).
You can put wider tires but I would not put more than 2.6 with the aggressive thread.
Bosch system works brilliantly, no issues at all. Don't need more than that.
I hope what I wrote helps in good decisions.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles