Levo Gen 3 What is the lightest gen3 Turbo levo out there?

Hurre

Jan 21, 2022
Norway
I wonder if there is someone that have a "lightweight" gen3 out there
I bought the cheapest carbon model 2023 S2, 700 battery, and it weight is 22,6kg/ 49.82 lb, without pedals.
I dont trust the weight, i will use a trusted weight soon, before i change anything, but pedals.
Because they are already on.

And what do you think of old vs new mcu?
I have not ridden it yet, but only 3 options? not so god, but then i read about blevo,
that got me over the edge to buy that bike, but not ridden yet.
Have an giant regin e +1, for sale now, with 5 options, only used 4, but 4 was great.

seamarsh

May 7, 2019
usa
I wonder if there is someone that have a "lightweight" gen3 out there
I bought the cheapest carbon model 2023 S2, 700 battery, and it weight is 22,6kg/ 49.82 lb, without pedals.
I dont trust the weight, i will use a trusted weight soon, before i change anything, but pedals.
Because they are already on.

And what do you think of old vs new mcu?
I have not ridden it yet, but only 3 options? not so god, but then i read about blevo,
that got me over the edge to buy that bike, but not ridden yet.
Have a giant regin e +1, for sale now, with 5 options, only used 4, but 4 was great.
Weight doesn't matter on emtb.. don't waste your time.

Aug 6, 2019
australia
I always wanted to buy a light weight bike, but so far I purchased 3 ebikes from 23 to 26 Kilos. The weight is not a problem because you have the motor to help getting up the hill. You will learn how to move the bike around. It takes time and a lot more energy to move the bike up in the air. You always have the choice to sell it and buy another bike.

torabora851

Apr 13, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I would say that the weight is not as important as its distribution. I think Levo has one of the best weight balances. I had a 23.5kg Trek Rail with a 750w battery. And I can feel the difference with the 23.5kg Levo just rocking it from side to side. Levo's weight is nice and low.

Hurre

Jan 21, 2022
Norway
Well, my regin 2022 is 26kg, i lost 10kg, now im 70kg, that bike feels to big/ heavy for me now, its a size M, and i am 170cm, and i should bought it in size S. now that im lighter, its like a motobike(whiteout the power) , the bike is not so fun. I have not tried my new Levo yet, just tested it in parking lot before buying. But i will say when i was in the mountains last summer in Norway the regin was really good.

Didnt want a ebike with less power, just little smaller, and lighter. Some here say you not going to feel it... i dont belive it.
I choose Levo, because nearby dealer, good price, and he has spear motor in shop, AND i read peoples take on this bike about its playful, and not the heaviest. A bike like 26kg, 22 kg, or 19kg, i think you feel that.

And because the Brose motor had have so much trouble, i see it as a good thing, now it became self reparable after warranty.

Was going with Fulgur Mula(21kg), because the polini motor was serviceable, but thats just not true, emailed polini, you dont get any part from them if you dont take a course... and represent them as a shop, or prove to them that you can do it yourself after the course.

Hurre

Jan 21, 2022
Norway
"I own a gen2 S-WORKS and managed to get the weight to 19,7kg including pedals. I do notice the difference in weight on fast single tracks. I broke all my previous records."
That's almost to good to be true! 500 battery? Please tell where the weight reduction went? Gen2 is the same bike isnt it?
You do have carbon wheels, but good alu can get close.

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
My carbon Get 2 with a 700wh battery was 48 lbs and my alloy gen 3 with 700wh battery is 51 lbs.

Hurre

Jan 21, 2022
Norway
I did measure AFTER taking stuff off, so i forget, but tried to put all the stuff on weigth=ca23,6 kg stock S2(seems to much) with 700 battery.
Now change light weight brake discs 203mm trickstuff, and some Chinese leveler, Maguara mt5 pot, sold my mt7, because read about small gap to brake rotor. Mounted Kinderney hub gear, new hoses on all braks and gear. new Wolf Tooth resolve dropper, wow, they sendt it so fast that i have never experience that, and it work so good, but just to early. New Manitou mezzer pro, and not mounted yet Mara inline, sendt back pro version because of weight and no place for bottle. Order carbon rims.. build my self. Never ending story.... But the Kindernay gear is nice, but not without problems.

Some pics...

View attachment IMG_20230423_131623.jpg View attachment IMG_20230423_131906.jpg View attachment IMG_20230423_160439.jpg View attachment IMG_20230423_175614.jpg

Last edited:

Hurre

Jan 21, 2022
Norway
So i have a Giant Regin E+1, that i have not sold yet, when i measure spoke on that thing its 1,5mm, so its maybe Saipem Laser 2x, when i read about that spoke, you should not use it for anything that heavy.. and yet Giant is doing it, and with 2x.
So i was thinking doing it also, but with 3x..? some opinion? Im not crazy downhilling, and i didnt feel giant rims to be weak, but had little time riding it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles