what happens if your display breaks?

earless

May 6, 2021
So Cal
Newb question here, but i recently damaged my ebike display, it still works but the screen is cracked. So what happens if the screen is completely broken and i can no longer control/see the assist level, or see battery life etc? I did a quick search for my type of display and found that they are pretty much obsolete and no one has them in stock. So what would i do in this situation? Can i replace a screen with a third party screen? Are they generally interchangeable?

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Generally speaking, they're not interchangeable (with perhaps some very limited exceptions). What ebike do you have?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Contact your LBS or Bulls. Likely Brose or Bulls keeps spares and also likely not enough demand for them to be anything but a special order item. Why would a shop keep something on the shelf that they sell only a couple a year of? You'll be able to get one. Just not overnight.

Gordon

earless

May 6, 2021
So Cal
Contact your LBS or Bulls. Likely Brose or Bulls keeps spares and also likely not enough demand for them to be anything but a special order item. Why would a shop keep something on the shelf that they sell only a couple a year of? You'll be able to get one. Just not overnight.

Gordon
Thing is the company that made the display, named Bloks(display is Bloks 14D) is out of business. I was more interested in replacing it with a third party display in the future.

Last edited:

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Thing is the company that made the display, named Bloks(display is Bloks 14D) is out of business. I was more interested in replacing it with a third party display in the future.
Bulls is your best bet. It's not inconceivable, but it's highly unlikely someone duplicated all the protocols, interfaces, and functions that Bloks used.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles