What do I need to swap the rear 200mm rotor for 220mm?

EchoLima21

Jan 8, 2021
Surrey, Uk
Hi all,
I have a E-160S V1 and as the title says I’d like to go bigger at the back. Do I need a post mount - and if so which one?
Many thanks.

Apr 14, 2020
Surrey, UK
Only way is spacers as far as I’m aware, they actually use a flat mount system, it is supposed to be a 200mm mount but all the ones I have seen are using a washer spacer already of about 1mm so will need another 10mm of spacers,.
Not ideal really so maybe just get stronger brakes, I have the new hope tech 4 V4 and I’m very impressed, plus you can use 2.3mm thick rotors, I’m using TRP, seem really good quality and all the ones I have had have been 100% true, more than I can say for a few brands

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Just did this last week front and back. For the back all you need is a Post Mount +20 adapter like you’d use on a fork. Mine is labelled ps160 to ps180. I did have to space the rear mount slightly as it was catching on the new HS2 rotor but the original set up had a washer under each end of the calliper, so I just put both under the back mount and it’s grand.
Added the extra bite to the Code Rs that I felt was missing compared to RSCs. Much cheaper than new brakes as well as I had the mount in my spares box, plus I had a £25 off voucher for Tredz from a Strava challenge.

EchoLima21

Jan 8, 2021
Surrey, Uk
Just did this last week front and back. For the back all you need is a Post Mount +20 adapter like you’d use on a fork. Mine is labelled ps160 to ps180. I did have to space the rear mount slightly as it was catching on the new HS2 rotor but the original set up had a washer under each end of the calliper, so I just put both under the back mount and it’s grand.
Added the extra bite to the Code Rs that I felt was missing compared to RSCs. Much cheaper than new brakes as well as I had the mount in my spares box, plus I had a £25 off voucher for Tredz from a Strava challenge.
Sweet - cheers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles